New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yup, inverter-type AC's have been in the market for over 2 years, and are more efficient in terms of energy consumption (daw).

I was in the market before, kaya lang problema kasi ang installation sa kuwarto ko. That time, Panasonic's 1.5 HP inverter AC's were selling for 35k (compared to 21k for window-type AC's with the same HP rating). Tapos may cost pa kada foot of copper tubing installed.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nag inquire ako ng prices, Panasonic inverters are almost 10K more expensive than non-inverter aircons.

Here are the prices:
    Panasonic inverter: P35,200.00
    Panasonic non-inverter: P26,600.00
    Panasonic window-type: P18,600.00
    Samsung split type: P25,650.00
    Samsung window type: P16,600.00

The aircon will only be used around 2hrs/day, 5 days a week. Pwede na kaya window type nalang? Yung savings for the 2hrs use per day na makukuha ko sa inverter type hindi naman na siguro mararamdaman.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mas mura sa kuryenete ang window type kase isa lang ang motor nya that delivers the cold air to the room and discharging the heat from the condenser. Unlike the split type may sariling motor for the ACCU (AIr cooled Condensing Unit) and a separate motor for the indoor blower (Evaporator).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i think mas matipid sa kuryente ang window type kesa split type. yung split type kasi, 2 ang pinapaandar ng kuryente dahil hiwalay ang condenser niya. pero sa cooling efficiency, i think mas cooler ang split type and tahimik pa. di ka na rin kelangan magbutas sa wall ng malaki. yung daanan para sa tubings lang ang bubutasan.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    inverter is cost effective but expensive initial investment. best choice, if you have the money

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i agree inverter type or the dc as the tv ads said , in long run and total expense the dc is the wise move

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sadly, hindi kasya ang window type sa wall na paglalagyan ko. Malapad kasi yung nasakot ng window. Ayoko naman sa window mismo ilagay yung AC.

Ang choice ko nalang now is split type AC na inverter or non-inverter. Kung average of 2hrs/day lang ang gamit ng AC, alin ang dapat kong bilhin?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Another thing to consider is the refrigerant R-22 will soon be phased out according to the Montreal Protocol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Protocol

The phasing-out of the less active HCFCs started only in 1996 and will go on until a complete phasing-out is achieved in 2030.
    Hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) Phase-out Management Plan (HPMP)

Under the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer, especially Executive Committee (ExCom) 53/37 and ExCom 54/39, Parties to this Protocol agreed to set year 2013 as the time to freeze the consumption and production of HCFCs. They also agreed to start reducing its consumption and production in 2015. The time of freezing and reducing HCFCs is then known as 2013/2015.
    Get an aircon that uses R-410A.
    Last edited by donbuggy; July 27th, 2009 at 02:16 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    ^^^ Bro,- ang huli kong alam, mayroon nang 1HP na split type....

Kausap ko kasi iyong nag-i-install ng split-type AC dito sa trabaho at sinabi niya nga ito sa akin.....

Sa limited observation ko lang, mas matipid ang window type, dahil mas maliit ang loss sa piping and tubing vs. sa mahabang linya ng split type....
    yup it's already available... just installed a 1HP split type inverter Panasonic aircon yesterday. it can cool down an area up to 18 sqm.
    cost is over 31k+ and according to the tech he told me that I can recoup back the price diff of an ordinary split type within 2 yrs on an ave 6hrs/day use??? kahit 22 deg C lang ang setting ay malamig na. kaya lang baka hindi sanay ang balat ko sa lamig ng aircon
    Sadly, hindi kasya ang window type sa wall na paglalagyan ko. Malapad kasi yung nasakot ng window. Ayoko naman sa window mismo ilagay yung AC.
    Ang choice ko nalang now is split type AC na inverter or non-inverter. Kung average of 2hrs/day lang ang gamit ng AC, alin ang dapat kong bilhin?
    pareho tayo ng problema ser boybi kaya no choice ako sa split type. nakalimutan ko kung ilang percent ang matitipid pero malaki. try to ask na lang kasi meron silang power consumption table between conventional and inverter type
    Get an aircon that uses R-410A.
    this is what they use now

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung 2yrs mo mababawi yung investment mo sa 6hrs/day na usage, it means na 6yrs ko pa mababawi yung sa akin kung 2hrs/day lang gamit ko? Baka dun nalang ako sa non-inverter, kunin ko na yung almost 10K na difference

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Window type vs split type AC: ano mas matipid sa kuryente?