New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    We have Panasonic splits, Daikin splits and Panasonic window types. All inverters.

Panasonic window types are a lot quieter than non inverter window types but there is a tiny bit of noise from the louver rattling a bit when set to oscillate. Maybe some lube will do the trick but I don't like the idea that we will be smelling the stuff the whole time while sleeping.

Panasonic window type also does away with some features like Econavi and Nanoe G found in their split units. And the fan only has 2 settings, low and high compared to the splits which offer multiple fan speed adjustment.

The Daikin splits are the quietest and are cheaper if you know where to buy. They also claim to be the most energy efficient and environmentally friendly through the use of R32 refrigerant vs Panasonic's R410a.

For me if you can go split, Daikin is the way to go.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Avoid Carrier window type inverters, their remote and software has bugs ... Long time Panasonic user, tried Carrier because it had more functions on the remote ... Will be going back to Panasonic ... Have also heard that Daikin split type inverters are very good ...

The louver noise of window type air conditioners start after your first cleaning ... Carrier window type inverter also has that noise ...

Where to buy Daikin? ...
    Last edited by Walter; August 24th, 2019 at 09:14 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I am currently shopping around for a 2 hp window type inverter air conditioner. I was hoping to get a split type but the setup of the room doesn’t allow for this, although it is my preference since the split offers more economy than the window. I am hoping someone here can give me some advice as to the brand, durability, price, after sales and performance. User reviews on Kolin is not that good, although I may be wrong. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    bro kolin ko minimum 12 -18 hours a day, and 24 hours on weekends 1.5hp. sakto 2 years kasi last payment ko sa CC nung monday hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    bro kolin ko minimum 12 -18 hours a day, and 24 hours on weekends 1.5hp. sakto 2 years kasi last payment ko sa CC nung monday hehehe
    Hope Kolin has improved. Their early ones weren't as good as Panasonic.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^madalas yata sakit ng inverter AC regardless of the brand is the pcb board bro

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    ^madalas yata sakit ng inverter AC regardless of the brand is the pcb board bro
    Yeah, true....but like anything, not all are created equal.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I was thinking of Kolin but the after sales reviews were really bad. Based on your comments, Panasonic & Daikin look like front runners. Based also on reviews, splits are more energy efficient than windows (60 vs 40), unfortunately the design of the room favors the window type. Besides, there is currently an old a/c there & installing the window will be easier.
    The room, when measured is roughly 5X4 meters, which is around 20 m2. Also, based on specs, a 1.5 hp is recommended but if the room has many cold absorbing & heat generating things (or people in it), it is recommended to go for a higher hp. I guess it’s safer to go 2hp.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    The dual inverter is also in my list if the price is reasonable enough.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I was thinking of Kolin but the after sales reviews were really bad. Based on your comments, Panasonic & Daikin look like front runners. Based also on reviews, splits are more energy efficient than windows (60 vs 40), unfortunately the design of the room favors the window type. Besides, there is currently an old a/c there & installing the window will be easier.
    The room, when measured is roughly 5X4 meters, which is around 20 m2. Also, based on specs, a 1.5 hp is recommended but if the room has many cold absorbing & heat generating things (or people in it), it is recommended to go for a higher hp. I guess it’s safer to go 2hp.

The advantage window has over splits is having no invasive surgery requirement upon expiry.
    This has made not a few industry peers & clients alike move back to the basic window after PTSD (Post-Traumatic Split Disorder).[emoji13]
    A commonsensical approach is to have the same sized window AC, preferably of the same brand, in most or all 'windowable' rooms or spaces. So, when 1 conks in urgent need, the units can easily be switched w/o any tech hand presence. Pana sizes theirs uniformly for 1&1.5HP, 2&2.5HP, respectively.
    I know of known designers who'd refuse to allow window AC on their work, but shun splits for their own use. It's not gonna be their problem later, they'd harshly say...Go figure.[emoji4][emoji13]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Window Type Inverter Airconditioner