New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Id rather use ipod touch than iphone... walang 3g, mahirap magtext, di pwede magforward ng sms..

sa europe nilangaw ang pila ng iphone launching... one reason din eh mas mahal price sa europe compared sa US

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    sa hongkong din pala mura iphone, its around 18200 in petot.
    That's cheap! Even cheaper than the itouch being sold locally.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Magkano ba Iphone sa Pinas? May nagpapabili sa kse sa akin d2.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    sa europe nilangaw ang pila ng iphone launching... one reason din eh mas mahal price sa europe compared sa US
    £269 dito sa UK (almost Php24k) on top of the contract with O2 -the exclusive carrier here. Minimum contract is at £35/month (for only 200 minutes/month) for 18months ... that's a whopping £899 (Php79.7k) total!

I held off my free upgrade to an O2 XDA Orbit because of O2's usual end-of-year launch of new models, but it seems it's only the iPhone. There are better and cheaper phone deals here that include a free item like an HDTV, XBox 360 or PS3.

Right now I'm leaning towards the cheaper phone with a free PS3.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    get the PS3.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    £269 dito sa UK (almost Php24k) on top of the contract with O2 -the exclusive carrier here. Minimum contract is at £35/month (for only 200 minutes/month) for 18months ... that's a whopping £899 (Php79.7k) total!

I held off my free upgrade to an O2 XDA Orbit because of O2's usual end-of-year launch of new models, but it seems it's only the iPhone. There are better and cheaper phone deals here that include a free item like an HDTV, XBox 360 or PS3.

dem...mas maganda pa yung freebie kesa dun sa phone :shocked2:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    And the winner is..........Globe!

Inquirer.net
    12 May 2008

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...y-iPhone-in-RP

Globe Telecom to carry iPhone in RP

MANILA, Philippines--Globe Telecom will be among the first telecom operators in Asia to officially carry Apple's popular iPhone handset.

A two-paragraph statement on Globe's website said the mobile communications firm had signed an agreement with Apple along with Singapore's Singtel, India's Bharti Airtel and Australia's Optus.

More information will be released at a later date, according to the statement.

A source from Globe said the iPhone may be launched locally starting September this year.

The iPhone was launched in the United States January 2007 exclusively to AT&T. Apple said it would launch the iPhone in Asia this year but up until today it has not mentioned specific details.

This latest announcement has been preceded by months of speculation, a usual strategy from Apple when launching a new product.

The source from Globe said bringing the iPhone to Asia may require a different service provider infrastructure being used by that in the US.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    as expected...Globe it is...

i think globe is currently the number one company in the philippines...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala na Globe na nakakuha...:boo: barat sobra mag bigay ng free phone ng Globe...I was hoping na Smart makakuha at baka ibigay pa sa akin ng free pag nag renew ako sa aknila....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    iphone bleccckk! i'm so over apple and its products. sobrang nakakabobo, walang magawa na technical. ni hindi makabitan ng cheap taiwan surveillance cams

i'd rather wait for Nokia's Cube

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Who will be iphone's exclusive carrier?