New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I just updated my iphone's newest version and found out that Philippines is one of the countries supported under region format. I know iphone will be released next year in Asia, so whose gonna win the battle among carriers? Any gossips?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not really a big deal, kahit sino maging exclusive eh walang kwenta, pwede naman pa-open line, and in fact I know a lot of people who has iphone na...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    not really a big deal, kahit sino maging exclusive eh walang kwenta, pwede naman pa-open line,
    yup.. same thought. Given the tools for unlocking the iPhone is already widespread, granting exclusive rights to a single carrier will not be a major benefit to that particular carrier. Maybe bragging rights and some advertising mileage for the "exclusive carrier" but celfone buyers here are smart enough to know that they can just have it unlocked.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Most likely Globe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's what I was thinking, too. Globe is seen as being more upscale than Smart, so that might fall square into Apple's market plan.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Iphone is not 3G.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Iphone is not 3G.
    true for the model that came out in the USA... but maybe the asia region might get version 2.0 of the iPhone with 3G?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    true for the model that came out in the USA... but maybe the asia region might get version 2.0 of the iPhone with 3G?
    and "maybe" is the operating word right there ;)

on topic:
    kumakalat na nga din iphone dito sa atin.
    not a big deal what carrier gets it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    and "maybe" is the operating word right there ;)

on topic:
    kumakalat na nga din iphone dito sa atin.
    not a big deal what carrier gets it.
    Apple has to see that 3G is a big thing in asia especially with all the connectivity features that the iPhone has. if not, it will simply be overtaken by all the other cellphone manufacturers like Samsung, Sony Ericson, Nokia, etc.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    dami na nga my iphone, pero pag pina openline kasi yun iphone hindi na pwede i-upgrade/update ang software nito, so kung may mga bugs yun unang mga version ng iphone hindi mo na maaalis. pag nag update ka o upgrade nman ng pina openline na iphone ang alam ko maglolock ulit sya sa service provider ng iphone na yun (ex. at&t). natanong ko to sa nag oopenline ng iphone, kasi dati magpapabili sana ako sa states kasi mura dun eh pero nun nalaman ko ang cons ng pina openline na iphone di nalang ako nagpabili. hintayin ko nalang siguro yun nandito. sa hongkong din pala mura iphone, its around 18200 in petot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Who will be iphone's exclusive carrier?