New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    first quarter next year, lalabas na intel i5/I7 mobile processors but current gen processors are fast enough.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Ang layo naman sir, around july pa next year...anyway thanks for your suggestion
    preference ko lang yan sir kasi dyan ko napapansin na mura ang gadgets. well, if you really want, wait for january nalang sir...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Computers are an impulse buy. You can wait til January to buy a laptop. Then there may be another round of discounts a month later. It's a never-ending cycle. So, I just buy when I need to (or more appropriately when the wife says so).

We're nearing our laptop update cycle and that ASUS G60vx (GTX 260M) for $1k at Best Buy looks mighty tempting.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Will a month's time be enough for prices to change...I actually have set my eyes on ASUS k40n now priced at 3,495.00 here in Cebu....
    Sir, kung totoong 3,495.00 pesos ung Asus K40IN...bilhin nyo na -- buy a dozen! Then sell them at 35k B)

Been eyeing the same unit for the past few months....afaik nasa 41k+ sya sa malls.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Sir, kung totoong 3,495.00 pesos ung Asus K40IN...bilhin nyo na -- buy a dozen! Then sell them at 35k B)

Been eyeing the same unit for the past few months....afaik nasa 41k+ sya sa
    malls.
    Check the spelling. Baka kaya super mura, tatak Asuws!.........

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Buying a computer is never an investment. Expect prices of older model computers to always go down. One thing about netbooks though, the prices seems to have been relatively stable for most models, dropping only P2K maximum for the older models.
    +1

Just buy whatever you feel you need. Make sure it's upgradeable.

I bought my netbook at launch... the price was high, but I got a lot of use out of it, so I don't really mind.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    +1

Just buy whatever you feel you need. Make sure it's upgradeable.

I bought my netbook at launch... the price was high, but I got a lot of use out of it, so I don't really mind.
    I bought my current netbook in Feb 2009 at P21K. Today, the price is at P19K. A 3K drop in price but I think it's fine since I get a lot of use out of it.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    first quarter next year, lalabas na intel i5/I7 mobile processors but current gen processors are fast enough.
    myroon na ata dito sa pinas. i7 and i5 mobiles.

http://tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=4480069

premium member yan from PC Corner

napansin ko yung i7 mobile available na from the first week of october

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hay salamat buti lumabas na. It means the new Macbook & Macbook Pro are coming out. I wonder anong graphics card nun. I hope they don't go back to Intel Craphics for the 13s.
    Last edited by Horsepower; November 17th, 2009 at 06:47 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Hay salamat buti lumabas na. It means the new Macbook & Macbook Pro are coming out. I wonder anong graphics card nun. I hope they don't go back to Intel Craphics for the 13s.
    According to the Apple web site, the MacBook gets the 9400M while the MacBook Pros get the 9400M or dual gpu's: the 9600M GT and 9400M together. Hydra, maybe?

They're quite nice. But, I have my heart set for a $999 ASUS G60 desktop replacement/gaming laptop. I saw one configured with CoD: MW2 earlier at Best Buy.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 17th, 2009 at 07:53 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
When is the right time to buy a loptop? During Christmas Holidays or by January na?