New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am at the verge of buying a laptop. Since I have a desktop here in my office and also one at home...I have time to wait for the change of prices before buying a laptop...but how many months before prices would change....I could still recall when I set up my desktop, the cpu I bought was priced at 3,900...but just a few weeks thereafter it price went down as 2,850...I told myself if I could have waited for sometime...

Will a month's time be enough for prices to change...I actually have set my eyes on ASUS k40n now priced at 3,495.00 here in Cebu....

I also consider na malapit na ang December...There are at times may sale during Christmas Holidays...should I wait for this time...or wala talagang sale during the Holidays, PC stores are just creating some gimmick and make it appear na may sale...what about after December na na ako bibili, will the real prices of laptops or may real sale talaga after Christmas na ako bibili?... just asking...though I now have the money to buy but I'm trying to be patient...hoping na bababa pa yung prices nila...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Wait for the Christmas sales......

8800:juggle:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    After christmas and new year, may clearance sale pa I think until mid-Jan 2010 meron pa nyan pero expect those units to be not that loaded

Ang ubos nyan are the popular series and syempre netbooks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The thing with computers, their prices always go down as time goes on. Anyway, I don't expect the prices will go down during the Christmas season because of the "expected" sales during the holidays.

If you really want to buy that new laptop, just go out and buy it. But better make sure the laptop you are getting is the one you want and is expandable (more RAM and easy to access harddisk). There are many sites on the internet that gives laptop models a good versus bad review, just google for them.

As for me, I might be upgrading my netbook soon (next few months). I am planning to get one with an ION chipset as my main consideration. I also hope I can find one with wifi-N, bluetooth and a long lasting battery.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since you're a lawyer and your time really costs a lot, just get a Macbook or Macbook Pro. The thing just works without the quirks of Windoze. Even if you happen to need windoze, you can run it within OSX.

I use both Windoze and OSX.

As for Asus K40, it's a good brand, 2-years warranty if you get it from an official distributor (Banbros sourced). Make sure not to buy from grey market/smugglers. They can't support your unit and you'll be on your own when something major goes wrong.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the thing with laptops is, if you buy one don't look at the current prices for a while. maiinis ka lang parati dahil ambilis bumaba ng prices. if you need one now, buy one now. kung kaya mo mag-antay for the sales this December and January then saka nalang bumili. pero even if you buy then, expect in a few months for the prices to go down ulit since maglalabasan naman mga newer models.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buying a computer is never an investment. Expect prices of older model computers to always go down. One thing about netbooks though, the prices seems to have been relatively stable for most models, dropping only P2K maximum for the older models.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    sir if you have relatives from the states coming over for the holidays, ask them if they can get you one.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    kung ako tatanungin, magandang bumili ng laptop and other gadgets after ng opening ng classes

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    kung ako tatanungin, magandang bumili ng laptop and other gadgets after ng opening ng classes

Ang layo naman sir, around july pa next year...anyway thanks for your suggestion

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
When is the right time to buy a loptop? During Christmas Holidays or by January na?