New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    There are several good deals from Philips (65-100k) and Samsung (55k to 75k) so I'm interested in getting one soon. I have no experience in buying a big LCD TV as I've only had CRTs, DLPs, and small LCD TV's (like 15").

What do you think are the important features to look for in getting a decent 32" LCD TV? What's your typical viewing distance from your 32" TV because my room is quite small and I'm wondering how close is too close?

Any specific brand/model I should consider?

Thanks so much!!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think there's already a long thread nearby on a good lcd tv.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Ooops! Sorry !! Mods, please delete this thread nalang

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I honestly cannot tell the difference between similarly sized LCD TVs. Parang pare-pareho sa paningin ko. So I think it's the after-sales service that is the decision point.

That being said, I got the LG 32" TV, just because it's autovolt, it's got a lot of input options, it had good reviews, apart from, ironically, the after-sales support sucks.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i'm eyeing the samsung brand. two models available isang 59k+ isa 69k+ sa malls

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Try looking at www.pinoydvd.com.
    Samsung LCD's are good.
    you can look at this link. Note that when you get it in cash there is a huge discount.
    http://www.samsung.com/ph/products/tv/lcdtv/index.asp

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I got the Sony Bravia 32" LCD (Black Model). So far I'm satisfied with its performance.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    I got the Sony Bravia 32" LCD (Black Model). So far I'm satisfied with its performance.
    got this one too! it's the Sony Bravia 32V200a. awesome TV!

NOTE: this is my first LCD TV. ended up with this after auditioning a lot of LCD TVs!

was eyeing the samsung N71 due to the price that a group of us bargained for. unfortunately, by the time we pulled the trigger, naubusan ng stock ang samsung!

and so for more money, i got what i really wanted in the 1st place -- the V200a. well worth the premium price and glad that i got this instead of the sammy.

oh btw, i paid cash and so got a huge discount on it with Sony Phils warranty, NOT grey market or parallel import!!

fyi, SRP last Xmas was P150K; now is P120K. can't post how much i got it per agreement with the store. so... PM me instead!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Depende yan kung san ka pabor

LG-Philips alliance - may factory sila ng LCD so its a Euro-Korean Alliance

Sony-Samsung - may factory sila ng LCD so its a Japanese-Korean Alliance

Sharp - sila lang ang number 1 LCD maker sa Japan at may sarili silang factory

AU Optronics aka Acer - Sila ang number 1 LCD manufacturer sa Taiwan at most likely mga Taiwan brands at mga PC brands ang gumagamit ng panels nila.

Kung ako ang tatanungin, sa Samsung at Sony ako... They are even building 8th gen LCD panels na while the others ay nasa 7th gen pa lang.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by staind View Post
    got this one too! it's the Sony Bravia 32V200a. awesome TV!

NOTE: this is my first LCD TV. ended up with this after auditioning a lot of LCD TVs!

was eyeing the samsung N71 due to the price that a group of us bargained for. unfortunately, by the time we pulled the trigger, naubusan ng stock ang samsung!

and so for more money, i got what i really wanted in the 1st place -- the V200a. well worth the premium price and glad that i got this instead of the sammy.

oh btw, i paid cash and so got a huge discount on it with Sony Phils warranty, NOT grey market or parallel import!!

fyi, SRP last Xmas was P150K; now is P120K. can't post how much i got it per agreement with the store. so... PM me instead!
    Yung V200A ng Sony ay gawa sa Malaysia, tama ba?

Kung ganun, how do you find the quality or build ng overall set?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What's a good 32" LCD TV?