New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven View Post
    Yung V200A ng Sony ay gawa sa Malaysia, tama ba?

Kung ganun, how do you find the quality or build ng overall set?
    correct, it's made in Malaysia. build quality is very good. typical Sony. same build quality as the ones in the stores.

how do i check for the Manufacturing Date? didn't find it at the back of the panel.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Which is the better Samsung 32 incher:

Bordeaux (R71) or Bordeuax Plus (R81)???

Is it worth the 30k difference?????:

Pros:
    -8000:1 contrast ratio (compared to 5000:1 on the older model)
    -Now has 3 HDMI ports (older version only had 1 HDMI port)
    -slightly lower power consumption (I said *slightly*)
    -it has lesser weight than its R71 predecessor
    -the aurora "bluelight" in the middle is ***y (a gorgeous looking "BLUE-EYE")
    -touch-sensitive controls with beeping sound (like those in the PS3)

Cons:
    -Made in Thailand (while the cheaper R71 is made straight from Korea)
    -I don't feel too keen on using HDMI for 720p/1080i (although we'll see....)
    -HDMI 1.2 only (but that's fine for now)

Okay so both are NOT ABOVE 100k peso mark WHICH IS GOOD (R71 Bordeaux = 69k pesos and R81 Bordeaux Plus = 99k pesos). Still, is it worth the 30k premium? Of course I could understand if it was straight from the "source" (ie. in the case of Samsung, it's in Korea) but it's not. I'm not sure it is worth 30k if it's just built in Thailand while the cheaper model has better quality craftsmanship. Okay so maybe 8000:1 CR (over 5k of the older model) is a welcome thing but

So guys:
    Do you think it's worth the 30k peso premium?

Also, does anyone here own a Samsung HDTV that's made in Thailand? If so, can anyone comment on the quality/craftsmanship/reliability of these sets? Also, if it helps, maybe some comparisons between the Korean-made and Thai-made Samsung TV sets to see if the quality difference is that drastic????

Thank you all.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    dun ako sa 69k, 30k is big savings. tutal pareho lang naman papanooran ko ng ******* Xvid eh hehehehe. i'm not really very particular with specs.

mas concern ko clarity and bigger screen size. if i'll spend 99k, maghahanap na ako ng 42" or whatever is bigger at that price range
    kahit magdagdag ng konti

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    dun ako sa 69k, 30k is big savings. tutal pareho lang naman papanooran ko ng ******* Xvid eh hehehehe. i'm not really very particular with specs.

mas concern ko clarity and bigger screen size. if i'll spend 99k, maghahanap na ako ng 42" or whatever is bigger at that price range
    kahit magdagdag ng konti
    Good point.

Unfortunately, while I was in AV surfer sa Rockwell, I just found out na yung 69k na set is now being manufactured in Thailand. So I guess the argument on quality sans price is now moot since they come from just one factory in Thailand (unless may mahanap pa ako na R71 na gawa sa Korea pero that's becoming unlikely). Given that a lot of HDTV buyers in this country have bought these 32 inchers (and the R71 is the part of the top-5 most wanted HDTV sets here in RP, I guess finding a Korean-made R71 is not plausible anymore.

Oh well, there will be other HDTVs coming in the future so it isn't too bad.

Anyways, since my only price requirement is for it to be 100k (even) or under (which both sets qualify for), then I guess I better go nalang with the R81.

Wala pa naman yung PS3 dito (thru official Sony Phils. launch) kaya the 30k can be put for the 99k model. In return, I get 8000:1 contrast ratio which translates to better black levels and improved color chromacity (over the R71).

I guess my mind is made up: Samsung 32-inch R81 Bordeux Plus it is

Pero thanks anyway for the insight. The viewpoint is greatly appreciated.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I've seen the posts and I guess confirmed na talaga yung price drop.

I entered Anson's appliance store and I was indeed surprised na yung R81 na 32-inch is now at 69k (which was the price ng R71).

It looks like a sweet deal for a WXGA HDTV set

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
What's a good 32" LCD TV?