New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    kaya nang gawin 'to sa tablet
    It would be very difficult to draw by CAD on a tablet. You still need a mouse & keyboard to have precise measurement for engineering & achitechtural drawings. so pc & laptop are still gonna be useful by that time.
    Last edited by asb75; September 12th, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by asb75 View Post
    It would be very difficult to draw by CAD on a tablet. You still need a mouse & keyboard to have precise measurement for engineering & achitechtural drawings. so pc & laptop are still gonna be useful by that time.
    you can use digital pen like wacom

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    si steve jobs mismo sinabi nya na personal computers are very resilient, hindi daw nya nakikita na mawawala talaga ang pc's.

IMHO, parang calculator lang yan eh, may calculators na sa pc, celphone, etc. pero yung mga accountants etc., ang gamit pa rin nilang calculator eh yung old fashioned personal calculator.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Smartphones will be so powerful that it would actually be your desktop system. Plug it in lang ng monitor at keyboard, may workstation ka na. I believe this could be done now.
    This reminds me of Ubuntu Edge. In a demo video they showed somebody connect an Ubuntu phone to an external monitor/keyboard/mouse and start working. Last i heard it had trouble getting funding.

Yes, this is possible now, but if we're talking full-fledged working environment, some work still needs to be done.i think the apps and user environment will be the main challenges for this.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    The paranoid in me is not comfortabe storing data online. I still refuse to make an online backup of my calendar and messages on my phone

I do
    just dont put the (your) *** video on your phone :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    This reminds me of Ubuntu Edge. In a demo video they showed somebody connect an Ubuntu phone to an external monitor/keyboard/mouse and start working. Last i heard it had trouble getting funding.

Yes, this is possible now, but if we're talking full-fledged working environment, some work still needs to be done.i think the apps and user environment will be the main challenges for this.
    The reason it didn't fly because of Ubuntu itself. There are a lot of Ubuntu users but not enough to bring it to the mainstream, nor that is has the confidence of the masses. If Apple or Microsoft would fine-tune the hardware/software side of things, then yes, this could fly. Microsoft is poised to do this with Windows 8 and they had purchased Nokia.

Google as well could do this with their Chromebook feature squeeze into a phone and their cloud-based software and services.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vacuum tubes will never disappear. Vacuum tube amplifiers still are part of the best sound systems. I'm actually dreaming of getting one, kaso ang mahal. And vacuum tubes are EMP-proof, so defensive radar systems will always have vacuum tubes.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would love to have something like an authentic nixie tube clock...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I would love to have something like an authentic nixie tube clock...

magkano naman kaya ang magiging meralco bill nyan just to have a clock ;)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    magkano naman kaya ang magiging meralco bill nyan just to have a clock ;)
    Modern designs let it run from a standard USB charger.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
What Objects or Technologies Will Be Obsolete by the End of the Decade?