New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    bro, di mo na-mention kung anung running OS ng pc mo...MS OS2k MS OSXP MS OSVISTA...dami kasi factors niyan lalo na't hang ang pinag-uusapan. bro, kung gusto mong wag nang maghanap ng problema niya...format mo muna yang PC mo at i-partition mo ng maayos yang harddisk mo po.

let say 25% for drive c. and 25% sa drive d and last partition is 50%..(assuming lang po yan, its up to you kung panu mo hahatiin yan.)kung naghang PC mo while installing OS, may prob na hardware mo...

kung natapos muna lagyan ng OS at mga drivers, observe mo muna..kung may hang parin..dun kana mag-test ng hardware kung anu na ang may sira...

just like me before, kala ko motherboard ang sira yun pala PSU lang.kulang pla sa power.

Good luck!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EGcoolmhan View Post
    bro, di mo na-mention kung anung running OS ng pc mo...MS OS2k MS OSXP MS OSVISTA...dami kasi factors niyan lalo na't hang ang pinag-uusapan. bro, kung gusto mong wag nang maghanap ng problema niya...format mo muna yang PC mo at i-partition mo ng maayos yang harddisk mo po.

let say 25% for drive c. and 25% sa drive d and last partition is 50%..(assuming lang po yan, its up to you kung panu mo hahatiin yan.)kung naghang PC mo while installing OS, may prob na hardware mo...

kung natapos muna lagyan ng OS at mga drivers, observe mo muna..kung may hang parin..dun kana mag-test ng hardware kung anu na ang may sira...

just like me before, kala ko motherboard ang sira yun pala PSU lang.kulang pla sa power.

Good luck!
    doble trabaho yan pano kung yung hardware lang ang sira? pwede namang madiagnose na hindi na irereformat.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Diagnosing a "freeze" is a tedious process of elimination......

like browsing the web (using firefox)
    Firefox by itself takes up nothing but ram. That could point you to the ram module. But if you're browsing with sound and video, then the audio and video subsystems come into the picture, and so on. That's why I recommended checking the IRQ settings just in case the audio and video are sharing an IRQ with anything else like memory address space (ties in to ram) or say, the usb interface.

It's important you analyze as many factors as you can before opening the case and messing with the hardware components.

Add: If your pc's under warranty, heck with this. Let your pc dealer deal with it.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 13th, 2008 at 03:16 PM.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Also, have time to review your Event Viewer.

;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nangyayari sa akin yan pag medyo madumi na connections ng mga cards - usually yun video car ko.

so I just remove the card and use a pencil eraser to erase the contacts.

after that okay na ulit.

yung sa officemake ko naman, he had a defective RAM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by darksword_08 View Post
    dude make sure na lahat ng cable, connectors, memory, cards are slotted properly

branded ba yan?

ilan watts ba PSU mu dapat jan system mu minimum of 500watts na PSU

if not it will frequently hang power hungry yung specs mo eh
    ndi siya branded bru.

anu yung PSU?

will check muna yung watts ng system then check ung kaya nung generic avr. will probably buy a branded AVR siguro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Check the IRQ's on all your add-in cards and see if it shares the IRQ with another device. That may clue you in.
    ok. will check these as well as the hardware connections. minsan kasi yung monitor ko bigla ding nagwawala. blue and white diagonal lines lang lumalabas.

i am a windows XP corporate edition. i am using the same OS dun sa lumang laptop ko na Pentium 3 lang. wala naman problema sa laptop.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    blue and white diagonal lines lang lumalabas.
    That may be a sign of either overheating or insufficient voltage getting to the monitor..... But, you mentioned the video is integrated. So I'm leaning towards the power supply (PSU).

What's the watt output of your PSU and the brand?

Better yet list all the hardware you have in your pc to include the number of:
    internal hard drives
    optical drives
    any unpowered external usb/firewire/sata devices
    number of cooling fans (including cpu)
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 14th, 2008 at 12:44 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    That may be a sign of either overheating or insufficient voltage getting to the monitor..... But, you mentioned the video is integrated. So I'm leaning towards the power supply (PSU).

What's the watt output of your PSU and the brand?

Better yet list all the hardware you have in your pc to include the number of:
    internal hard drives
    optical drives
    any unpowered external usb/firewire/sata devices
    number of cooling fans (including cpu)
    what do you mean by power supply? the AVR or the one inside the casing?

i have these in my PC

1 160GB hard drive
    1 DVD-ROM
    1 External DVD writer (connected through USB)
    1 firewire card
    1 cooling fan (yung nasa case ng CPU)
    1 fan dun sa processor
    1 1gb ram
    2 sets of USB ports (4 ports sa likod, 2 sa harap)

thats it. wala masyadong nakakabit. basic lang naman.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung inside the casing ang ibig niyang sabihin na PSU.

wala bang waranty yan unit mo?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    tanggalin mo muna yung AVR mo. yung mga AVR na hindi branded hindi maganda yung sinusupply na kuryente minsan yun pa ang cause ng pagkasira ng PC.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
what to check first if PC hangs?