New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    mejo madalas mag hang yung bagong PC namin. anu ba dapat i-check muna? gusto ko sana magka idea muna bago dalhin sa repair shop to claim warranty if ever.

amd athlon 64 x2
    AS Rock motherboard (on board LAN and video card)
    1GB memory (kingston)
    150GB HD
    I installed a firewire port

minsan nag-hang siya kahit na ordinary task lang ang ginagawa ko like browsing the web (using firefox). minsa naman pag nag capture ako ng vids from a video cam, wala siya problema.

any suggestions? tnx!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    mejo madalas mag hang yung bagong PC namin. anu ba dapat i-check muna? gusto ko sana magka idea muna bago dalhin sa repair shop to claim warranty if ever.

amd athlon 64 x2
    AS Rock motherboard (on board LAN and video card)
    1GB memory (kingston)
    150GB HD
    I installed a firewire port

minsan nag-hang siya kahit na ordinary task lang ang ginagawa ko like browsing the web (using firefox). minsa naman pag nag capture ako ng vids from a video cam, wala siya problema.

any suggestions? tnx!

dude make sure na lahat ng cable, connectors, memory, cards are slotted properly

branded ba yan?

ilan watts ba PSU mu dapat jan system mu minimum of 500watts na PSU

if not it will frequently hang power hungry yung specs mo eh

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Close programs running in the background or clear startup programs.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Try to clean and reinsert the memory modules...
    if you have more than 1 mem module, try to take them out one by one. Maybe there's one mem card which is faulty.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madami eh...hangs can be caused by a lot of factors, namely drivers, yung operating systems mismo, installed applications or even the hardware.

hanggang ngayon may tinitira kaming PC dito sa office na naghahang din. among the activities that we have taken:

a) checked the cables inside. ok naman.
    b) checked the system for virus. although may nakita na Trojan, nung natanggal, naghahang pa din.
    c) since may nakitang virus, we assumed na baka may tinamaang DLL sa OS. so we repaired the OS. naghahang pa din.
    d) we decided to clean format and clean install the OS. ganun pa din.
    e) we have checked the RAM for loose connections. Ok naman.
    f) we isolated a defective USB port. so assuming na yun ang nagiging cause, pinalitan namin ng USB. ganun pa din.
    g) yun pala ang problema is yung CMOS...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    -try to check your newly added hardware or software. if its started when you add these, maybe you need to uninstall this and check if your computer dont freeze up.

-Try also running your antivirus and some spyware removal tool. You may have virus or spyware/adaware that causes this freeze.

-You may also want to check your available hard disk space.

- Before in my desktop, overheating causes my PC to hang as well. you might want to check this issue as well.

- if ever you can also check the memory. try to run the memory diagnotic test. if it fails, you may want to reseat your memory. if it doesnt work, replace mo na lang sya.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    ilang watts power supply mo? check the fans (power supply, processor), try mo ding tanggalin yung cover ng casing habang ginagamit mo, kung ayaw pa rin malamang may tama sa hardware mo.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Most of what I wanted to say have already been mentioned.......

But, you can still check System Information to find out which devices share an IRQ. Most have no problems. But, there are some that don't like sharing. If you find one or more devices sharing an IRQ, that may point you towards the right direction. Here's a couple of samples. Obviously, Vista is much better than XP in managing IRQ sharing......

Vista (Toshiba laptop)

XP Home (My main pc)

I also make it a point to disable in the bios any ports/devices I'm not using, eg: floppy drive controller, parallel port, idle com ports, RAID, etc

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Check the IRQ's on all your add-in cards and see if it shares the IRQ with another device. That may clue you in.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    factor..
    1.pls check processor fan
    2.pls check OS or scan moh baka may virus..
    3.hardware defecive: hardisk, ram..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
what to check first if PC hangs?