New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think my intel mobo just died on me na. anong specs ang pwede ko mabili ngayon for a decent set up? internet browsing lang ang gagawin and light application seldom use lang talaga.

I will still use yun old hard disk, DVD driver & writer, I guess yun na lang ang pwede pakinabangan.

kaya ba sa P10k-P12k?
    Last edited by shadow; January 10th, 2009 at 08:14 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    http://www.pcgilmore.com.ph/download...lettersize.pdf

intel dual core 2.2ghz 800mhz----3250

MOBO msi 945pl neo-------------3330

atx casing ----------------------1450 free power supply keyboard & mouse

how about you memory RAM sir?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In our office, to replace some of the older computers which either have died or simply too slow I used an Intel based mini-ITX motherboard which came complete with CPU, LAN, sound, video. All it lacked are the hard disk and memory. It will take IDE and SATA interface for the drives.

The mini-ITX mboard I used a CPU running at 1.2ghz. Today the CPUs are Intel ATOMs running at 1.6ghz. These are speedy enough if you provide them with 1 to 2 gigs of ram to run Windows XP.

The cost of the mini-ITX boards I used were around P3,000 each. Just add memory. I built three PCs based on these boards. So far no problems after nearly two years on the oldest system used everyday at our office.

BTW, the mini-ITX board peg holes are the same with standard ATX casings so it would fit right in a standard computer case. The overall size of the mini-itx boards were just 10cm by 10cm.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 10th, 2009 at 08:51 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Kung pinakamura ang hanap, Intel Atom procie+mobo. Eto sa PC Express:

Intel D945GCLF w/ Intel Atom - P3320
    Transcend 2GB DDR2-667 - P1020
    [Casing] Zeal Ion Mini ITX 180w for Intel Atom - P1390
    Western Digital 160GB SATA HDD - P1930

Total: P7660 for the whole thing; P5730 w/o HDD

Problem:

Virtually non-upgradeable!!!
    No PCI-E for video card
    Only 1 PCI slot
    You'll be stuck with Intel GMA950 graphics. It's just enough for Frozen Throne and Generals; anything else will look like a slideshow.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaka build ko lang din mga nov last year. same scenario, i've used yung mga pwede pang gamitin so eto lang binili ko.

c2d e7200
    asus board p5 ata un, onboard lahat kasi later ko pa plan bumili ng vidcard pag nakaipon na. tapos yung board is pwede na rin sa quad for future upgrade.
    2 gb transcend ram
    casing

umabot ng mga 12k ata. basta around that price.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    kaya ba sa P10k-P12k?
    If you aren't picky... you can actually buy a netbook at that budget. The ACER ASPIRE ONE 8gig HDD & 1gig ram units are priced at P10,999.00 ... Although it comes with LINUX, you can install Windows XP easy enough if you have a USB/IDE adapter (or buy one cheaply from CDRKING) for your existing optical drive.

You can add to the 8gig solid state HDD an additional 16 or 32 gigs of space by using SD cards via its two card reader slots.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    So long as gaming isn't involved, there's a lot of low-priced solutions.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you aren't picky... you can actually buy a netbook at that budget. The ACER ASPIRE ONE 8gig HDD & 1gig ram units are priced at P10,999.00 ... Although it comes with LINUX, you can install Windows XP easy enough if you have a USB/IDE adapter (or buy one cheaply from CDRKING) for your existing optical drive.

You can add to the 8gig solid state HDD an additional 16 or 32 gigs of space by using SD cards via its two card reader slots.

no GH, I have a notebook, it's just that parang meron kulang sa bahay w/o a desktop...so just looking to replace the old PC with a minimum cash out sana. just in case hinde magamit ang laptop, meron back up of sort.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    http://www.pcgilmore.com.ph/download...lettersize.pdf

intel dual core 2.2ghz 800mhz----3250

MOBO msi 945pl neo-------------3330

atx casing ----------------------1450 free power supply keyboard & mouse

how about you memory RAM sir?
    memory isama na rin...mura lang naman yun...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    no GH, I have a notebook, it's just that parang meron kulang sa bahay w/o a desktop...so just looking to replace the old PC with a minimum cash out sana. just in case hinde magamit ang laptop, meron back up of sort.
    In that case, the mini-ITX board (ATOM cpu based) solution the guys and I have mentioned should be perfect. Cheap, low power, nearly silent and easy to install.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
what is the cheapest PC set up now?