New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 216 of 496 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 4952
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    29,774
    #2151
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Mahal pala ang grand seiko. Hahahaha

    For that price, you can get a rolex. Lol

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    mahal nga!
    some fans say a sarb is a step in the right direction.
    or a hi beat, if you (we!) stumble on one that's in good condition and selling for a song....
    Last edited by dr. d; January 2nd, 2018 at 01:42 AM.

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,592
    #2152
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Mahal pala ang grand seiko. Hahahaha

    For that price, you can get a rolex. Lol

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    My friend just recently got a GS SBGV205 for around 150k.

    A similar looking Rolex Datejust costs 350k, slightly less if preowned (Rolexes have good resale). So I wouldn't say you can get a Rolex for the price of a GS, but yes Grand Seikos are quite expensive, although rightfully so because they're built to a much higher standard than ordinary Seikos.

    Toyota and Lexus are very good parallelisms in the automotive world.

    BTW, if you think a GS is expensive, the Seiko SLA017 costs 180k. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,985
    #2153
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    mahal nga!
    some fans say a sarb is a step in the right direction.
    or a hi beat, if you (we!) stumble on one that's in good condition and selling for a song....
    Nope nope nope

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,985
    #2154
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    My friend just recently got a GS SBGV205 for around 150k.

    A similar looking Rolex Datejust costs 350k, slightly less if preowned (Rolexes have good resale). So I wouldn't say you can get a Rolex for the price of a GS, but yes Grand Seikos are quite expensive, although rightfully so because they're built to a much higher standard than ordinary Seikos.

    Toyota and Lexus are very good parallelisms in the automotive world.

    BTW, if you think a GS is expensive, the Seiko SLA017 costs 180k. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    How about the sub vs spring dive.

    They cost almost the same. Within a few ten thousands lang yung difference.

    Which one would you choose?

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,592
    #2155
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    How about the sub vs spring dive.

    They cost almost the same. Within a few ten thousands lang yung difference.

    Which one would you choose?

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Rolex, because Rolex. As a casual watch fan, I can't appreciate a GS all that much.

    But the Spring Drive is more technologically advanced and it has its market of hardcore enthusiasts.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,985
    #2156
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Rolex, because Rolex. As a casual watch fan, I can't appreciate a GS all that much.

    But the Spring Drive is more technologically advanced and it has its market of hardcore enthusiasts.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Sabagay. A rolex is a rolex.

    They say it'a a hybrid. Quartz and mechanical at the same time.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    21,443
    #2157
    did you know

    Blancpain is the oldest watch brand?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,592
    #2158
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    did you know

    Blancpain is the oldest watch brand?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Not quite. There's a pretty long discussion about that on WUS:

    whats the oldest watch company still around?

    Basically, it depends on your definition of watch brand and continuity.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,126
    #2159
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Not quite. There's a pretty long discussion about that on WUS:

    whats the oldest watch company still around?

    Basically, it depends on your definition of watch brand and continuity.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    That's the strange thing about some watch snobs. They think or feel that continuing ownership or operation of the watch company equates to how long the brand has been existing. The reality is, companies, especially in the manufacturing sector (like watches), do change ownership over time.

    If you look at the name of the watch strictly as a brand or trademark or trade name, then it has been in existence from the time that brand was created --- regardless if it stopped making watches for some time and then resumed, or if it changed hands.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,030
    #2160
    Happy new year watch freaks!

    Took the Planet Ocean for Alex (the Rolex guy) to look at in his shop in GB1. Amplitude is still good (290) and rate is +5/day. Not bad for a 5 year old watch. Alex advised me to hold off on getting a service for now.



    Haven't gotten a service from him yet but from the way he talks to customers, handles watches and how the shop looks I think I will be going to him from now on. Seems a lot more professional and systematic than the other independents. How I wish he had an Omega parts account!
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; January 2nd, 2018 at 05:09 PM.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]