New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 213 of 678 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    A buddyof mine who owns a pawnshop broughg several tag heuer watches yesterday at the court because another club member was interested in buying one. I don't know much about watches but they all looked good.

Naalala ko mga posters dito tuloy and na tempt at napaisip din ako 😀

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I would assume this is the "hierarchy" you saw?

Whoever made it couldn't even spell Patek Philippe right. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Here's a pretty lengthy roasting of that pyramid over at WUS:

Watch brands hierarchy?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    ingersoll!??
    as in, SM-ingersoll?
    hindi ba, china-made na yan?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I would assume this is the "hierarchy" you saw?

Whoever made it couldn't even spell Patek Philippe right. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Here's a pretty lengthy roasting of that pyramid over at WUS:

Watch brands hierarchy?

Hahaha lol

Funny comments. Very enlightening.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    if you watch for discounts... it only indicate they depreciate What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I guess that's why I will forever have a fundamental concern with the luxury watch hobby - it's for people who buy SRP and don't mind at all. It's for people who think, "How much is that? 500k? Okay, I'll have one."

I personally don't prefer buying things that aren't bargains, unless there's no bargain option and I really want it. In everything I buy - from clothes to gadgets to engagement rings - I get the most joy from being able to get it cheaper than its perceived value.

So I guess a second luxury watch won't come around the corner unless I find a really good deal or fall in love with another watch.

Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    A buddyof mine who owns a pawnshop broughg several tag heuer watches yesterday at the court because another club member was interested in buying one. I don't know much about watches but they all looked good.

Naalala ko mga posters dito tuloy and na tempt at napaisip din ako What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

I'd suggest you find a particular model you like first instead of just buying what you see. That way, you can be sure that it's really the one that sings to you, and you can also verify if the price is right.

My personal favorite Tag is the Carrera 1964 re-edition:

It's quite expensive though so the cheaper CV2111 would be good enough:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^nah. It was just a passing thought probably fueled by beer. I'm pretty satisfied w/ my 25 ++ year old swiss army watch

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I got curious as to how small the watch enthusiast community really is. WUS estimates around 0.02% of the population.

Seems about right. Just for kicks, I checked out the TipidPC forums and the 0.02% seems to check out - the only watch thread there has about 10 replies per year, and mostly of fashion watches and at most a Tag. PEx was a bit more active, and I was pleasantly surprised to see *K.I.L.L. there very, very active and was basically the watch guru for everyone else. Interestingly, it seems that Tsikot comes out second to PWC in terms of activity in watch discussions.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i think watch appreciation is a learned and expensive hobby.
    and if one takes a look at just how difficult it is to read some of these uber-expensive timepieces...
    sabi nga ng isa, "at that price, telling time is not the raison de etre."
    more of, "appreciation of engineering marvels on your wrist".

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    In times like the Holocaust, your watch is immaterial

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by barako ba ma View Post
    In times like the Holocaust, your watch is immaterial
    "you can use it to bribe your way out of your arrest."

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    You think so
    Many like it or more valuable