New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    [quote=Jun aka Pekto;1042051]I'm also assuming each pc is connected directly to the router. So, if you have a typical home-use router, all 4 ports plus the WAN port are filled........

Yes sir Jun, ganito nga po, directly connected sa router un laptop...

Quote Originally Posted by JCBalunsat View Post

*Vista has a lot of bugs in it so sometimes the main source of connection it would pick is the wireless. disable or turn off the wifi capabilty of the laptop.

*Check if the Vista laptop is getting an IP address from router. Since you've said that there are 4 computer in the network, the network is set up this way. Modem>Router>Switch/hub>PC's. Unless of course you're using industrial grade router as what pekto said.

*If you are using a switch, try other ports or better yet, directly connecting the Vista PC to the router and see if it gets an IP address.

Try ko po to sir, i'll post the results pag natry ko na... tnx po!
    may comapatibility issue kya un vista sa mga lumang router?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    There are no know issues with wired connectivity of the Vista OS to any router. Sa wireless madami syang issues.

Just make sure that you get an IP address from the router if the laptop is directly connected.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by teratoma View Post
    may comapatibility issue kya un vista sa mga lumang router?
    I've never really seen a router not being compatible with Vista. Right now, I'm using a older cheap wired Linksys router with both XP and Vista. I recall back in late 2006, I was using an old MS WiFi B wireless/router combo (from 2003) with XP and Vista RC1.

How are you connecting to the internet with XP and Vista? You shouldn't have any problems connecting each pc independently to the internet. Basically, you connect each pc to the intenet like it's alone.

Add: Back to your original question of getting internet access for the Vista laptop, just run Internet Options in the Control Panel, Under the Connections tab, click the Setup button, Setup New Connection, Pick the type of connection, Input any username/password if any. It's not much different from XP.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 30th, 2008 at 01:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I've never really seen a router not being compatible with Vista. Right now, I'm using a older cheap wired Linksys router with both XP and Vista. I recall back in late 2006, I was using an old MS WiFi B wireless/router combo (from 2003) with XP and Vista RC1.

How are you connecting to the internet with XP and Vista? You shouldn't have any problems connecting each pc independently to the internet. Basically, you connect each pc to the intenet like it's alone.
    Idol!

Pero ang weird ng problema ng TS noh? So hindi sya makabrowse and makapag check ng folders sa ibang PC? Ganun ba yun?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's not always easy to network. Just because I don't have problems doesn't mean others won't or vice versa. I get problems too. That's just the way it is.

In my case here, I'm networking fine between the 2 OSes.

This is my downloads folder in my gaming pc which has XP:

My laptop sees that folder just fine:

Going the other way.... The MP3 folder in my laptop with Vista:

My gaming pc sees it just fine:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    working with Vista as dell tech support in networks, Vista will see XP, but not the other way around. i just forgot how to make XP see the Vista in the network. hehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRGirL View Post
    working with Vista as dell tech support in networks, Vista will see XP, but not the other way around. i just forgot how to make XP see the Vista in the network. hehe
    Are you sure about that? The pictures I posted show XP seeing the Vista folder and vice versa.

The mp3 folders are in my Vista laptop while the downloads are in my XP pc.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 30th, 2008 at 05:04 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think most of the problem stems from MS's insistence of implementing their own TCP/IP stack for vista.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CaRGirL View Post
    I'm not sure about this mam. They should see each other.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there should be no problem with vista and xp being on the same network.

We have XP, Win2K, Macs, Linux (4 type of distros), Irix, and a lone Vista on our network, no problem with connectivity.

Obviously there are settings there that are not set properly, that's why we have what we call heterogeaneous networks for this type of situations.

Anyway, I'm sorry but I'm too lazy to dig up the solution to the T.S.'s problem.

Did I read it right? "Only" four or possibly five machines on the network and naka DHCP pa kayo?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
VISTA Problem with existing XP network