New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by island par View Post
    yes exactly the same problem.
    unstall AVG then install the AVIRA antivirus.

update first before you scan

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Finally killed the virus. Not sure how I did it but the PC is now clean.
    Avast, Avira online scanner and AVG all report the PC is virus free.

However, still can not access the icon of c: in my computer. When I click it, it says: Can not find script file "C:\_.vbs"

Does XP have a repair function? I mean some install programs allow you to repair.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Reformat is still the best way. You may be able to remove the virus but not the damage it did.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Does XP have a repair function? I mean some install programs allow you to repair.
    Try booting from the XP cd. There should be some limited system files repair functions early in the install process. Otherwise salvage what you can (browser Favorites, files, etc) and reformat.

There's also the slight chance the virus may not even be gone......R-E-F-O-R-M-A-T time.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 25th, 2008 at 03:40 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    im using AVIRA anti virus, nadelete naman po... viruses., mostly po local virus na ang pumapasok ngayon sa mga pc natin... kaya hindi na nababasa ng foreign virus detector..

i hope tama po ako, paki-correct na lang po.. thanks

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    For more info about this virus: http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/worm...utorun_b.shtml

before na infected ako ng ganitong klase diko na talaga natanggal so ang ginawa ko ay format na talaga.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
virus help