New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    planning to bbuy uv lamps as a disinfectant for virus (covid if possible). it will be used like for groceries/clothes/gadgets used when we go out of the house.

any comments if the lamps are really effective? and any suggestions on what specs should i look for?

thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by african888 View Post
    planning to bbuy uv lamps as a disinfectant for virus (covid if possible). it will be used like for groceries/clothes/gadgets used when we go out of the house.

any comments if the lamps are really effective? and any suggestions on what specs should i look for?

thanks
    You're looking for UVC lamps. Honestly, I wouldn't bother with this. The risk of exposing yourself to UVC isn't worth the convenience of sanitizing your stuff since there are simpler ways.

If you really want to be safe, just leave your groceries outside for three days. Why three? Studies say, covid survives for up to three days on plastic, which is what most groceries are packed in.

I personally leave it in my car since I hardly use it and it's much warmer than my garage.

Food items that need refrigeration can be washed with soap and water so just ensure they're properly packed when bought. You can just wipe your gadgets and other stuff with alcohol and let dry for a minute or so.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    How about yung mga negative ions? Does it really work?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    How about yung mga negative ions? Does it really work?

Gives you 2 things...No harm & a false sense of security. Most out there are likely placebos....Get the pricey 1, AirTamer, if you must.UV lamps effective for COVID virus?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Gives you 2 things...No harm & a false sense of security. Most out there are likely placebos....Get the pricey 1, AirTamer, if you must.UV lamps effective for COVID virus?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Saw airtamer nga. Di ko lang alam if effective ba ang negative ion, generally speaking

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by african888 View Post

thanks
    hospitals have been doing it for decades.
    just be sure you get "the real thing" and not the mosquito zapper-quality.
    and the room should be devoid of mammals before turning it on.
    heh heh.

how do we know it's the real thing? i don't know.
    probably by sourcing it from knowledgeable suppliers like hospital supply stores.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Saw airtamer nga. Di ko lang alam if effective ba ang negative ion, generally speaking

No brainer for me bro. For their air purifiers, even if the ions don't work, you're still left with a good HEPA filter system.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

No brainer for me bro. For their air purifiers, even if the ions don't work, you're still left with a good HEPA filter system.
    Bro, yung nakita ko kasi is yung personal wearable negative ionizer hehe wala ng filter yung ganito

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Bro, yung nakita ko kasi is yung personal wearable negative ionizer hehe wala ng filter yung ganito

Ah sorry sorry iba pala pinagusapan hehe. Agree with travs, no harm in trying save for the hit on the wallet. As long as you still follow best practices. Mahirap sa mga naka ganyan baka lumakas loob, di na mag social distancing.

Ang alam ko lang na scam na wearable yung Toamit. Ginamit pa ng local seller yung photo ng isang NCR mayor na gumagamit para makabenta.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Effective kaya yun mga generic na air purifier with HEPA filter and uv light sa Lazada? Sobrwng mura kasi 4k each lang. I need to purchased several units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast