1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    What's you laptop's specs?
    HP Pavilion DV5210US

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekra View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yung Norton Ghost kaya ba iclone yung current harddisk to the new one via USB external hard drive?

HP yung laptop ko and bundled yung OS (XP Home) nung binili ko. I also have the recovery DVDs na pinagawa ng HP, I guess same lang ito sa Compaq ni boybi.

Void ba warranty pag magupgrade ng HD and/or memory?
    worst case you can always do a fresh install, matagal nga lang. But should be better for you since you can get rid of the junk programs HP includes and your registry should be clean and error free.

Normally HD and memory are user replaceble parts. You can always put in the old HD or mem if you need to send your lappy for repairs.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nasabi na nila.... external hard disk enclosure. make sure that the hard disk is for laptops para maliit, without sacrificing mobility. i've seen enclosures that fit inside wallet type cases parang may dala ka lang na pda.

this way, hindi ka na rereformat and mag-rereinstall ng files mo.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    nasabi na nila.... external hard disk enclosure. make sure that the hard disk is for laptops para maliit, without sacrificing mobility. i've seen enclosures that fit inside wallet type cases parang may dala ka lang na pda.

this way, hindi ka na rereformat and mag-rereinstall ng files mo.
    So all I need is to install Norton Ghost and siya na bahala? Thanks sa mga replies.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    i have a Compaq Presario V3000 laptop. kung magpapalit ako to bigger capacity hard disk, can i use the System Recovery discs para i-install yung OS and other bundled applications?

the Recovery Discs (2 DVDs) were created using the in-built software of the Compaq laptop. this can only be done once. nawala na magisa yung program na yun.
    Yup, you can use the software CD's that came along with your laptop. I reformatted my Compaq notebook last year (B3800) and reinstalled the OS, drivers and software from those CDs. And then when I upgraded the HD this month, did reinstallation using the same CD's.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *Dekra,

Correct. Gamit ka ng USB HDD enclosure. Mura lang naman yon.

Since Windows XP ang OS mo, try Casper XP. Ang daling mag-clone ng HDD.

http://www.casper-XP.com

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there are 2.5", 1.8" laptop hard drives and enclosures. Been using a 2.5" laptop HD with enclosure for my wife's laptop and so far no problems with mobility...ingatan mo nga lang kse baka bumagsak bagsak ehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diba rated at more than 50Gs naman ang mga hard drives? so ok lang naman kung mabagsak di ba?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Which laptop hard drive brand is better: Fujitsu, Seagate, Samsung or Western Digital? Any comments on the above brands? Assuming they are all 5400 rpm, 8mb models with the same or similar capacity.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Seagate, 5yrs warranty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Upgrading your laptop's harddrive