New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Hi guys,

I plan to upgrade my laptop's harddisk to a bigger capacity, any tips to simplify this procedure? Walang kasamang Windows XP installer yung laptop ko so gusto ko sana tipong iclone ko yung harddisk to the new one. Are there shops that do this service? Kung yung Norton Ghost gagamitin ko, edi andaming DVD kong ibuburn to backup? Help!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm, if you want buy a laptop hard disk, put it in a USB hard drive enclosure para mas madali, at least you can still use your old hard drive, just free up some space from your system drive by transferring your data files to the USB/external hard disk.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    there are shops in greenhills (v-mall) who can help you with this. i had the hard drive of my laptop upgraded there. they installed xp, and restored my old hard drive's contents into the new one. i'll try to look for the contact number of that shop. hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    What's you laptop's specs?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yep, use a usb hard drive enclosure. Put your new drive in it, clone your current drive with Norton Ghost or Arconis or similar software, turn off your lappy, switch HDD and you should be good to go.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if mobile hd + enclosure, why not an external hdd then?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Upgrading a laptop's hard drive is not really a big hassle since drives are standardized. Did it before on my roommate's laptop no big deal.

As for copying your first drive into your new one, any competent computer shop or a tech-savvy friend with the right tools should be able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mhelskie View Post
    hmmm, if you want buy a laptop hard disk, put it in a USB hard drive enclosure para mas madali, at least you can still use your old hard drive, just free up some space from your system drive by transferring your data files to the USB/external hard disk.
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Yep, use a usb hard drive enclosure. Put your new drive in it, clone your current drive with Norton Ghost or Arconis or similar software, turn off your lappy, switch HDD and you should be good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    if mobile hd + enclosure, why not an external hdd then?
    Of course, an external hard drive is another thing to lug around, which sort of defeats the purpose of having a laptop. The USB interface is a lot slower too.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    that's the big problem... mahirap mag ghost ng laptop hard drives.... wala pa ako alam na nakagawa ng ghost ng laptop hard disk to laptop hard disk kasi wala namang secondary ide master, primary slave or secondary slave mga laptops e...

Though meron ako kilalang hard disk dusplicator ng assembler ng NEO laptops... pero overkill naman yun sa iyong requirements....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a Compaq Presario V3000 laptop. kung magpapalit ako to bigger capacity hard disk, can i use the System Recovery discs para i-install yung OS and other bundled applications?

the Recovery Discs (2 DVDs) were created using the in-built software of the Compaq laptop. this can only be done once. nawala na magisa yung program na yun.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the replies guys. Yung Norton Ghost kaya ba iclone yung current harddisk to the new one via USB external hard drive?

HP yung laptop ko and bundled yung OS (XP Home) nung binili ko. I also have the recovery DVDs na pinagawa ng HP, I guess same lang ito sa Compaq ni boybi.

Void ba warranty pag magupgrade ng HD and/or memory?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Upgrading your laptop's harddrive