New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    where could i get this ubuntu or xbuntu? would like to try in my P4 desktop, nainis ako sa windows kasi i even ordered a licensed xp over the net and arrived from ireland tapos nag re-install lang ako eh ayaw na akong ma activate dahil invalid na daw yung product key ko. dalawa pa naman yun, both my laptop & desktop.

tried an asus eee, linux, connected it to our office network, first time i printed an excel doc that has 30 spread sheets. normally pag windows ang gamit kung anu lang yung current sheet, yun lang ang ma-print, to my surprise it printed all from sheet1 to 30, tapos lahat ng print area settings nawala din kaya yung mga hindi mo gustong kasamang i-print na print din kahit pa scratch lang yun. kaya instead na 1 page lang ang intended kong i-print, mga 100+pages yung lumabas sa printer.

but then my work demands mobility that i really need a light notebook that starts up quick kaya ako na lang nag adjust at ni hide ko na lang yung mga hindi dapat ma print.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    you could download a copy at ubuntu.org. what you will get is an .iso which you have to burn to a cd. upon starting the computer, insert the disk and select the boot option of booting from a cd/dvd. there will be a menu giving you options. the first one will make you "try" out ubuntu and the 2nd option will install ubuntu to your harddrive. be noted that you can also dual boot via autorun(if disk is inserted while windows is running) and selecting the 2nd option. this option will give you the chance of trying out ubuntu while installed in the disk and having the option to go back to windows anytime you want and uninstall it like any program.

but tell you what, you can use windows programs using WINE or even virtualbox/virtualmachine. you have more eyecandy than mac and vista combined for the performance of a win98 on an uber PC. which is crazy

if you can't figure out how to burn .iso, you could drop by my condo and i will issue you a copy
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tanoshi View Post
    where could i get this ubuntu or xbuntu? would like to try in my P4 desktop, nainis ako sa windows kasi i even ordered a licensed xp over the net and arrived from ireland tapos nag re-install lang ako eh ayaw na akong ma activate dahil invalid na daw yung product key ko. dalawa pa naman yun, both my laptop & desktop.

tried an asus eee, linux, connected it to our office network, first time i printed an excel doc that has 30 spread sheets. normally pag windows ang gamit kung anu lang yung current sheet, yun lang ang ma-print, to my surprise it printed all from sheet1 to 30, tapos lahat ng print area settings nawala din kaya yung mga hindi mo gustong kasamang i-print na print din kahit pa scratch lang yun. kaya instead na 1 page lang ang intended kong i-print, mga 100+pages yung lumabas sa printer.

but then my work demands mobility that i really need a light notebook that starts up quick kaya ako na lang nag adjust at ni hide ko na lang yung mga hindi dapat ma print.
    This is an openoffice.org idiosyncracy.

You can just specify which pages to print in the print dialog box, or select the text you want to print (if you have no repeating headers (or "lefters" ) and choose "Selection"/"Print Selection"/Selected Area or something similar.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    in other words, people who made linux and other gpl apps have brains.

just the idea of ribbons in office 2007 made me lose half my brain cells

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tanoshi View Post
    Come to think of it, OOO 2.4 now offers more choices when printing, including "Selected Sheets" so if you're on one sheet, only that sheet will get printed.

What version of OpenOffice.Org (OOO) does your EEE come with? Can you upgrade it to 2.4?
    2.4.1?
    Last edited by woohoo; November 24th, 2008 at 07:05 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    released na po ang FC 10!!!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    i've been a linux user (ubuntu, specifically) for almost a year. had to give it up since the folks here at home wanted simplicity (dual boot isn't so user friendly) and i switched to mac OS X as well. but, during the time i used ubuntu, i was very happy with it. now that 8.10 is out, i'm planning to download it and do a dual-boot on my laptop. or maybe, i could look for an old PC or an old laptop to salvage.

hmmm. just a thought. i never really got the hang of compiz fusion. hanggang compiz lang ako. hahaha. na-enganyo ako nung napanood ko yung windows aero vs. beryl video. hehe. :P

and, has anybody tried ubuntu 8.10? how is it? :D
    Last edited by ephraim; November 29th, 2008 at 02:21 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i tried 8.10. 'tis nice actually and graphically. just gotta love compiz+emerald although i get to try both in FC10. you need to place emerald --replace command at the session startup to get the thing kicking. what i also love about fedora is the wallpaper transition. beats the hell out of vista really
    Last edited by safeorigin; November 29th, 2008 at 02:51 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gilbert,

Do you have a copy of FC10 in your place? I want to speed up my Ubuntu but I don't want to kill my my 'live' brain cells yet, the same thing happened to my Hackintosh moments of upgrades.

I'll bring lappy with me when I visit your place.
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

I'm planning to make the switch to Ubuntu soon, I'm just waiting for my aunt to give me her old notebook. Once it's in my possession, I will wipe windows xp and install Ubuntu!

Since my office issued notebook is starting to go cuckoo, I will save my data and either do a dual boot install or just go with Ubuntu altogether.

I hear there is a Ubuntu for mobile phones, if there is, do you think it would be possible to load that onto a windows mobile operated system?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
tsikot-linux club