New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hi fellow tsikot member..

I'm having this issue for the past 10 yrs i think i have bought 5 units window aircon on my house.. repaired also

five of them.. i live around 200 meters from a creek, its a small creek around 5 to 6 meters wide, i think its connected to the pasig river.

the aircon tech told me that corrosion on the copper tubing and rust are common for houses near creeks or rivers.

is this true? anybody have experience? the usual problem with my aircon are leak on the copper tubing.

i'm considering buying the Condura Extreme. advertised as more durable to withstand rust and corrosion.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The salt (airborne salinity) or chemicals in the air and elevated moisture that's reeking off nearby bodies of water is one of the common cause of corrosion in A/C units.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The salt (airborne salinity) or chemicals in the air and elevated moisture that's reeking off nearby bodies of water is one of the common cause of corrosion in A/C units.
    Yes that might be the reason. i should make a survey for people or living near creeks or body of water how they solve this issue.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 15th, 2014 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Fix Quote

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Swamp gas (hydrogen sulfide or h2s), even in minute amounts, can cause a lot of corrosion even in the best stainless steels. Sisiw lang ang copper tubing dyan. Pag naaamoy mo yung creek sa bahay mo then umaabot sa inyo yung gases na sumisingaw dun sa creek. Remember ang creek sa metro manila = open sewer, naku dami h2s nyan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Condura xtreme has durakote to prevent the corrosion... Totoo po un na kapag malapit sa creek or aalm ko dagat, madali masira at kalawangin ang ac...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Likod ng bahay namin creek. Mga 10 meters lang away sa pinaka malapit na Window Type Aircon pero wala naman kami corrosion problem sa 4 aircon sa bahay.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check mo yung air quality kung pasig river connected yan alam mo naman gano ka dami toxic waste ang nakaka lusot sa mga walang pakialam na pabrika dyan. Kung salt lang di naman masyado since yung mga unit na gamit ko dati sa sea shore mas mataas ang salt content ng hangin don tumatagal naman ang ac

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Likod ng bahay namin creek. Mga 10 meters lang away sa pinaka malapit na Window Type Aircon pero wala naman kami corrosion problem sa 4 aircon sa bahay.
    Same here. Our house is less than 300 m away from a creek and we never had problems with our AC.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 16th, 2014 at 09:35 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well as i said if you can smell it then yes you have a problem. If there is no smell like rotten eggs then the creek emits no corrosive gases.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    I stay on a small island and you can get to the beaches in less than fifteen minutes. My units lasts an average of seven years even though they are exposed to the elements. Ground your equipment properly. In country, a lot of these so called electricians are either lazy pwede na yan electricians or they don't know the importance of grounding. To extend my ac units life I protect the ferrous components with petroleum jelly brushed on to the vulnerable areas

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast