New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Well as i said if you can smell it then yes you have a problem. If there is no smell like rotten eggs then the creek emits no corrosive gases.
    Oh. There's no bad smell from the creek.

Kawawa houses near Manila bay at old Paranaque (near St Andrew's). Dumidikit sa ilong yung amoy.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Well as i said if you can smell it then yes you have a problem. If there is no smell like rotten eggs then the creek emits no corrosive gases.

Correction I think my house is less than 100 meters from the creek. inside the house i don't smell anything, but if i go out near the creek on summer, it smells bad.

i think i will try condura Extreme. advertised as more durable in 'corrosive areas'.

Thanks

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    from what i understand, corrosion is hastened in areas exposed to seawater vapor, and in areas with access to geothermals.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    Correction I think my house is less than 100 meters from the creek. inside the house i don't smell anything, but if i go out near the creek on summer, it smells bad.

i think i will try condura Extreme. advertised as more durable in 'corrosive areas'.

Thanks
    sir yebo tanong lang may tendency ba na sa swamp / creek pwedeng maka abot ng 12ppm? may certain point na ang H2S pag umabot sa mataas na PPM may tendency sya na hindi maamoy di ba?

The more na naamoy mo sya mas "safe" (basta pasok sa LEL), the more na hindi mo maamoy (since unang papatayin ng H2S eh yung pang amoy) mas delikado? CMIIW.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If i remember right nasa 100 ppm ang level at which the sense of smell does not detect both H2S and SO2. 700 ppm is fatal, 1000 ppm is instant death. The sense of smell can also be deadened at lower concentrations with prolonged exposure. For example you can still smell it at 50 ppm but after some time you will not smell it anymore.

Pwede umabot sa higher concentrations sa swamp, creek, etc depende sa source of the H2S. If raw sewage is being dumped into it then one can expect a lot of H2S being emitted. Combine that with poor ventilation and you have a recipe for an accident waiting to happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12