New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT View Post
    Good thing, in my Univ, the Engineering Bldg is between College of Arch. & Fine Arts and Education...So there's no scarcity of pretty girls.
    Wa, he, he... sa UST ito. Dyan din ako galing, lol!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you talk to a successfull engineer ... they now have enough money to buy-all-the- girls-they-would-want and missed during their college days...

given the scenario... (and if i was in that situation) i will never trade an engineering course

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ I don't know, but from my experience engineering students were always good-looking, funny, and attractive for those ladies in other colleges....

5707:tumbleweed:
    Last edited by CVT; April 3rd, 2008 at 09:47 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Anong walang girls...

It's in Eng'g where I met Nafsika Drossou (fil-greek model)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Anong walang girls...

It's in Eng'g where I met Nafsika Drossou (fil-greek model)
    anong batch mo? i remeber naging kaklase ko rin yun ng first year first term ko...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    5. Awful Textbooks
    Thick, dry, black and white manuscripts are rarely a source of inspiration and sometimes can cause loads of confusion. Often, the text is poorly written and interrupted by lengthy equations with symbols that are different from those used by the professor during lectures.

those textbooks are source of facts; not inspiration. . .
    i disagree about the symbols. . .we are supposed to be using international standard books. . .

4. Professors are Rarely Encouraging
    During each class, a professor that would rather be tending to his research will walz up to a blackboard or ovehead projector and scribble out equations for an hour without uttering a single sentence to create some excitement.

some nerd professors can be boring and i'm sure lahat ng eng schools e meron nyan; or kahit hindi sa eng. . .but in my case, i had some inetresting professors, too. . .

3. Dearth of Quality Counseling
    [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]College [/font][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]students[/font][/color][/font][/color][/color] may not have a sense for how to build their resume and they might be clueless about the variety of career opportunities that await them. Unfortunately, some academic advisers do little more than post fliers about internships and hand out a checklist of classes to take. They should make some projections about the future job market, learn about the interests of each young scholar, and offer them tailored advice for how to best prepare themselves.

the school of eng'g doesn't have anything to do with it. . .shortcoming ng university/college yan

2. Other Disciplines Have Inflated Grades
    Brilliant engineering students may earn surprisingly low grades while slackers in other departments score straight As for writing book reports and throwing together papers about their favorite zombie films.

+100. . .dyan lugi tayo

1. Every Assignment Feels the Same
    Nearly every homework assignment and test question is a math problem. Only a few courses require creativity or offer hands on experience.

creativity?. . .shift to an arts major. . .eng'g majors are scientists. . .how can you be creative if you are bound by the laws of science?. . .we learn the basic principles in school. . .then we apply them in the real world when we become professionals. . .we can be innovative in coming up with solutions or presenting new ideas; but never creative

about the scarcity of girls, +1000. . .lugi ulit tayo dyan. . .lalo na sa min na puro eng at arki lang ang courses dati. . .but luckily for me, i had the chance to work in the student council with the pretty rep from chem eng who later became a runner-up in a national beauty pageant. . .

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang hirap magdala ng t-square habang nagcocommute!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    ang hirap magdala ng t-square habang nagcocommute!
    hehehe! old school na masyado bro ah! meron pa ba gumagamit ng t-square sa engineering drawing? hindi ba pinalitan na ng autocadd yan?

isama mo pa yun tech pen, protractor, compass etc....! hirap kapag may lakad after class! yun techpen ko nasira sa bilyaran! naligo pants ko na white sa ink!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    hehehe! old school na masyado bro ah! meron pa ba gumagamit ng t-square sa engineering drawing? hindi ba pinalitan na ng autocadd yan?

isama mo pa yun tech pen, protractor, compass etc....! hirap kapag may lakad after class! yun techpen ko nasira sa bilyaran! naligo pants ko na white sa ink!
    white pants

old school lolz

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post

haha nahalata tuloy edad. lalong humirap buhay ko dahil naloko ako ng kaklase ko. sabi dapat daw yung t-square yung 36". yun pala pwede na yung 24"! nampuch. kaya pagnasa dyip ako hindi ko sya mapatong sa lap ko. laging nakatayo. di tuloy ako makatulog ng maayos hehehe

ako naman nabasag yung rotring techpen set ko dahil din sa bilyar na yan. walang mapatungan kundi gilid ng mesa. kung sa upuan naman malaki laking tsansang manakaw. medyo OT na ata. hehe although may koneksyon pa rin sa hirap ng buhay ng eng student hehehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Top 5 Reasons it Sucks to be an Engineering Student