New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i'm also using the linksys router but with model#wrk54g. our main pc is connected via cable to the router while the kid's pcs' are wirelessly connected via a couple of linksys usb network adapter wusb54g in their own rooms. i should say the installation was very easy via the installation cd's provided and works well anywhere in our house, be it at the 2nd floor or ground floor.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    linksys na bagong model can be the best option....malakas din ang signal. Hindi gaano troublesome ang configuration (if you're on XP).

pede mo ring i-secure...may password if you're going to connect via wireless.

hindi ako sure kung maganda ang smartbro....pero yung regular nila na DSL offer (P999 package) works good enough.

I'm using one of the oldest linksys model Wireless-B series pa, pero ok na ok...nakuha ko second hand at P2k lang.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Linksys WRT54G gamit ko ... naka wifi un isang pc para malinis. nka wired yun pc ko. tapos wireless for the psp so i can surf habang tumatae or listen to internet radio or view my files from the pc. btw i got it for 2950 in pcx... lowest price so far. mern din WRT54GS eto may speedbooster
    Last edited by kyle618; July 11th, 2006 at 07:43 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Linksys WRT54G is a good buy. Instructions for the connection are straightforward.

Just engage the auto-install in the CD.

If your ISP requires a username and a password, opt for the PPPoE in the Internet Configuration Type section, instead of the default DHCP.

Everything should be a breeze after that.

Good luck!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just an advise on securing your WiFi home network. I suggest using the machine number filter to let your computers or wifi devices to connect to your router. IMHO, its pretty secure and only requires access at the router side.

I'm kinda surprised how many WiFi devices I detected around my home. When I first installed it, I didn't detect any. Now, I can detect at least two other devices within range.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 12th, 2006 at 12:17 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    AirPort Express ang gamit ko. Hindi siya ganun kasulit, kaso maliit saka terno sa iBook.

MAC address filtering + WPA + closed network ang settings ko.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    That's true, it's more secure. That's the MAC Address Filtering (check your machine's network device for this info).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I followed some of the advice in this thread and got a Linksys WRT54G wireless router that I'm using now to surf with my laptop.

Madali lang sundin yung installation instructions, kaso natagalan ako dahil kahit nalipat ko na ang mga cable, ayaw pa rin mag-connect ng PC ko sa Internet. Buti na lang naisip ko subukan alisin yung inilagay na IP address ng Digitel sa TCP/IP settings nung una nilang kinonfigure ang DSL modem ko. Ayun, nung naka-select na yung "Obtain an IP address automatically" na option, biglang nakapag-usap na yung router at DSL modem ko.

Wala naman kasi sa documentation na dapat walang IP address na naka-specify bago gamitin ang router

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the only dumb questions are those that are not asked, so here it goes...

Will a rowter signal installed on the ground floor reach a laptop on the second floor? Typical townhouse po ito. And another thing, when I use it, will my 2.4ghz wireless phone interfere with the router signal and degrade the speed?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    finally. i was able to set-up my own wireless home network. i got the netgear mr814v2. 11MBps lang pero, ang lakas nya ha. can even connect outside the house- even across the street.

my problem is, how do i make my connection secure? i mean, having the wireless network in my house, has turned my area as a 'hotspot'. luckily, wala pang nakaka-alam sa mga neighbors ko...

right now, i'm still working to make my network secure. at the moment, i've setup the MAC address for my notebook, which only my notebook would be able to connect to my network. sabi ng netgear, secure na daw yung device kasi 2 firewall na raw, isang SPI at isang NAT. SPI works as a gatekeeper while NAT hides my home network. sabi ng netgear, di raw advisable ang WPA.how true is this?

sir afrasay, may effect daw yung 2.4 GHz na cordless. but your router will work alright even in two storey structure. just make sure, you place the wireless router in a high place so you could take advantage of the signal.

anyways, here's a link for my netgear wifi wireless router: http://www.netgear.com/Products/Rout...ers/MR814.aspx

i think its good and provides better value for money.
    Last edited by ian_rex; September 18th, 2006 at 11:25 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
techie tsikoteers, need your help- setting up a wireless home network