New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sakto...in a week or two ill be going wireless sa house ko...
    ano ba ok na router house ko two storey 200 sq meters
    and baka Smart Bro ang kunin kong provider...

TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I just installed wireless network in our house this weekend. I got the linksys wrt54gl connected to the skydsl modem. setup is very easy. the signal is ok in our 2-storey house (around 150sq m).

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ian Rex,

You may try this http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...252#post594252

Fireblade

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    folks, i also plan to setup a wireless network but when i checked out the computer shops for a wireless router, ang daming brands and models to choose from. mga experts, what basic features should i look for in a wireless router? which has the best range and value for money? i saw one model from Asus, hanep, me USB ports pa sa likod where you can connect a printer (para network printer na sya) or an external hard disk (for downloading files w/o turning on your PC/notebook). yun lang, mas mahal sya compared to other routers, most likely because of these features. tips naman dyan! TIA.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    sakto...in a week or two ill be going wireless sa house ko...
    ano ba ok na router house ko two storey 200 sq meters
    and baka Smart Bro ang kunin kong provider...

TIA

depends on the materials of your house. Typical routers w/ Wifi-G might not get a signal through concrete flooring which would require a second Router w/ wifi or a repeater installed in the other floor.

The newer wifi routers from Linksys which feature ranger extenders (triple antennas) might get the signal through but it costs a bit more than the standard router.

My suggestion is to install a Linksys Wifi-G router on each floor and have the two routers linked together working as gateway-router mode.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrox
    folks, i also plan to setup a wireless network but when i checked out the computer shops for a wireless router, ang daming brands and models to choose from. mga experts, what basic features should i look for in a wireless router? which has the best range and value for money?
    I personally prefer the Linksys brand. Its relatively cheap, easy to configure, has DHCP capability and has good internet protection.

i saw one model from Asus, hanep, me USB ports pa sa likod where you can connect a printer (para network printer na sya) or an external hard disk (for downloading files w/o turning on your PC/notebook). yun lang, mas mahal sya compared to other routers, most likely because of these features. tips naman dyan! TIA.
    If you want a network based file sharing harddisk, you can get the external HDD enclosure with TCP/IP port. I think it also supports a USB device (printer?) to be connected to it. It around P3800 at Virra Mall.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by warp
    I just installed wireless network in our house this weekend. I got the linksys wrt54gl connected to the skydsl modem. setup is very easy. the signal is ok in our 2-storey house (around 150sq m).

what is the 2nd floor made of? concrete or wood? At my parent's place, there is not signal at the ground floor (the wifi router is installed at the 2nd floor) because the 2nd floor is made from poured concrete.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok i have naman an overlooking second floor to the main living i guess that wont be a problem and btw how do you pronounce router? (rooter) o (rawter)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    english -- rooter

american - router, wowter,

iba iba ren...depende ren.usually mga matatandang kano, rooter eh, yung hindi techy. pero ang tama i think is rowter. hehehehe.
    Last edited by BeetOls; July 11th, 2006 at 03:31 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    I personally prefer the Linksys brand. Its relatively cheap, easy to configure, has DHCP capability and has good internet protection.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Ill keep Linksys in mind. How about this brand - Aztech. The computer shop is selling this for much lower than Linksys (or D Link). Anybody had any experience using Aztech?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
techie tsikoteers, need your help- setting up a wireless home network