New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Not me. I agree TVs aren't that relevant to me anymore. But, I take my Live TV with me via mobile. I watch my DirecTV more on my iPad Mini 2 than my regular TV.

yeah i should've said big TV's coz smaller screens are still quite useful (like my kitchen TV). right now i don't think it's worth buying a 50" especially one w/ a lot of tech that could become obsolete very quickly

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We have a 32" Hisense TV in the kitchen. We bought it back in 2014. It has smart features. But, we only use it as a regular TV because Hisense tends to be a little slow in releasing software updates *grrrr* Netflix *grrrr*. It also lags a bit in games when I hook up (via HDMI) my laptop to it.

Otherwise, the image quality is excellent. It's only 720p and 1080i. But, unlike older 720p TVs, it can take a 1080p signal and downscale it to 720p. For example, if I hook up my laptop to my older 720p TV, 1080p is not a valid resolution. But, if I hook up the Hisense TV, 1080p can be selected. It looks ugly. But, at least it's usable.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    yeah i should've said big TV's coz smaller screens are still quite useful (like my kitchen TV). right now i don't think it's worth buying a 50" especially one w/ a lot of tech that could become obsolete very quickly
    Probably better to buy a regular 50" flat-screen TV and have the smart features on a separate box such as ROKU or, in our case, an old PS3.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    so peks matagal na pala sikat ito dalawa china brand.....

sa mall parang mas malinaw yung hisense pero tcl kinuha namin....

yung "mirror" feature hindi kailangan ng internet connection ?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    so peks matagal na pala sikat ito dalawa china brand.....

sa mall parang mas malinaw yung hisense pero tcl kinuha namin....

yung "mirror" feature hindi kailangan ng internet connection ?
    Mirror feature? If you mean hooking up my laptop..... The only thing required is an HDMI cable. I don't usually mirror the laptop display. I prefer to extend the display across two screens.

I actually hooked up my laptop to the Hisense TV last year.

I sometimes hook up my laptop to the Hisense TV when the wife wants to watch YouTube videos while she's in the kitchen.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 28th, 2017 at 02:17 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Screen Mirroring nowadays refers to directly casting your phone's screen to your TV. On non-smart TVs, you can do this with a Chromecast.

It's what I do on our 10 year old Sony TV - I just use Chromecast to stream videos from my phone to the TV.

Newer TVs have screen mirroring built in already.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    i have a 48" TCL smart tv for 2 years na no problem so far. quality is quite close to the lg smart tv. i dont use smart tv function at all kasi ang bagal ng interface compared to a laptop or cellphone. so as mentioned here i use the screen mirror function if i want to watch it on the bigger screen.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just close the LID of your laptop so you will not destruct while watching

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Mirror feature? If you mean hooking up my laptop..... The only thing required is an HDMI cable. I don't usually mirror the laptop display. I prefer to extend the display across two screens.

I actually hooked up my laptop to the Hisense TV last year.

I sometimes hook up my laptop to the Hisense TV when the wife wants to watch YouTube videos while she's in the kitchen.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by donski View Post
    Just close the LID of your laptop so you will not destruct while watching
    I can choose to have the Hisense TV as the only screen and turn off the laptop screen. If I disconnect the former, the laptop automatically reverts back to the builtin screen.

My own reason for hooking up the laptop to the Hisense TV is because the 14" laptop screen is a too small when making diagrams with Microsoft Visio. It's hard to see the small text labels.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    tcl ako, kasi mas mura sya and ok nman performance . tapos sa ansons ako bumibili, pero hindi sa online ansons. i go there store para maka tawad and hingi ng freebie ")

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast