New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My 80+ year old Aunt called me now because she can't decide if she should buy a tablet - it's 4 am in CA! I told her not to buy anymore since she already has a smart phone (Samsung) with a large enough screen. I forgot the model but it's almost as large as my Note 9. Last year I taught her how to viber and youtube, and it looks like she really enjoyed learning this "new" technology. I have a tablet that came with my Note 9 and I just gave it to my Mom. My Mom does not use it that much because I also gave her a smart phone.

I advised my Aunt not to buy anymore but she told me to list the pros and cons of owning a tablet. I want my Aunt to make an informed decision (I love her to bits!) so please help Here are my list

PRO
    Larger screen

CONS
    Can't carry around (too bulky or heavy)
    Redundant if you already have a smart phone
    Additional Payment for Tablet
    Additional Payment for Internet (her phone's data is connected to my cousin)

Those are the only points I could think about...
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 22nd, 2020 at 03:26 AM. Reason: typo

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Binge watching youtube and netflix is better on a tablet.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pro.
    large screen.
    hey! most things look nicer if they were larger.
    i am assuming, the images she will access won't pixelate.

con.
    large item to bring around.
    but if she's not bringing it around naman,
    then i can offer no real con.

money? cost?
    since when was that a real problem?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    For YouTube, Netflix, emails, reading, and browsing - iPad is much better than a smartphone, even a big one like a Note.

They have different purposes but for any media consumption, a tablet is always more suited because of the screen. Even iPad Mini vs Note is already a big step up in screen real estate.

iPads these days are cheap, you can get one for $300 bnew. For a bit of future proofing, the 11" iPad Air 4 for $600 is a great buy. Specs and features almost like an iPad Pro for $400 less.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Best of both worlds - get a tablet laptop. There are some with 10” or 12” screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    She's getting a Samsung Tablet because her phone is Samsung. I can't convince her otherwise because she already has a specific model in mind. But I do think the Ipad is better kasi almost everyone I know has an ipad for their tablet even if their phone is android. The Samsung store is really close to her house kasi and I assume she came across a really good salesman kaya napaisip

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    She's getting a Samsung Tablet because her phone is Samsung. I can't convince her otherwise because she already has a specific model in mind. But I do think the Ipad is better kasi almost everyone I know has an ipad for their tablet even if their phone is android. The Samsung store is really close to her house kasi and I assume she came across a really good salesman kaya napaisip
    based on what she's going to use it for,
    does it really matter, ipad versus samsung?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Movies and games are way better on a tablet.

Wala ba internet sa bahay nila? Why mag additional payment pa for internet?
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Movies and games are way better on a tablet.

Wala ba internet sa bahay nila? Why mag additional payment pa for internet?
    wala siyang wifi e, data lang

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    We also have a Samsung Tab at home. Good choice naman, it's really like a bigger Samsung phone if that's what she's after.

The new Samsung Tab S7 looks really nice.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast