New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    i'm waiting for the truly religious people of tsikot to show up.
    If my personal definition of truly religious people will hold true, I guess you won't find them here. I think they will not care to dedicate time on material things.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    they just can't accept that god does not make plans for them, nor does god make things happen for anyone. they just can't accept that people are in the situation they are in because of the choices they made and because of the choices that other people made. they want god to do everything for them. free choice sucks big time.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I believe in God but i dont expect any miracles or plans from him.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I'm more in between I believe in God and not believe too much in God so that it is balanced.
    Like Pacquiao he relies too much on God than training harder.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Religious believers more depressed than atheists: study
    it sounded like "Religious nuts are psychos"

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    I'm more in between I believe in God and not believe too much in God so that it is balanced.
    Like Pacquiao he relies too much on God than training harder.
    like, much ado about pampam than living your life.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I can say that I'm religious because I was brought up being one - going to Church everyday, saying prayers before meals, going to Catholic school and learning Religion, celebrating Catholic holidays, etc. But I cannot say that i'm a devout Catholic who believes in Heaven or Hell, or Purgatory for that matter. I also don't believe that if something bad happens to you, you're being punished by God. I also don't believe in Adam and Eve and knew that we came from the Apes and evolution.

I simply believe that Man has his own freedom. Freedom to do things he deemed correct and right. Freedom to choose his plans and course of actions which can or cannot affect his future - goals, achievements and plans in life.

Being a Catholic is merely an inspiration for me, a belief that somebody, something out there is there for guidance which you can look up to in times of troubles and worries but not necessarily mean that One is gonna move mountains or split rivers so you can solve you own problem. Your problem is you own. You make and solve your own worries.

Now, for the Atheists that does everything to prove that God doesn't exist, or bash each and every religious leaders like Bishops and the Pope labelling them as child molesters and pedos, I detest them. They would go to long stretch of idealism to prove they are the righteous one - which is wrong.

It is OK not to believe in God, and the Bible and to other religious activities or organizations. Just don't mock them to gain an upper hand because we'll never know in the end. And Atheists are growing in numbers because of social media, believing opposing the other side would be 'cool', non-conforming type of folks they are, but cannot even expound on Charles Darwin's natural selection

Summary: I'm religous but not 100% per se and I hate Atheists that does what I said above.

*topic: I don't think I'm depressed.

"If you are depressed, you're living the past.
    If you are anxious, you are living the future.
    If you are calm, you're living the present"
    Last edited by greatauror28; October 1st, 2013 at 01:23 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post

Now, for the Atheists that does everything to prove that God doesn't exist, or bash each and every religious leaders like Bishops and the Pope labelling them as child molesters and pedos, I detest them. They would go to long stretch of idealism to prove they are the righteous one - which is wrong.
    The catholic church has paid of hundreds of millions of donated money to settle the CHILD RAPE and MOLESTATION cases. The present pope has admitted that this has brougth down the church,and caused many catholics to leave.

I admire the people who noisily exposed the evil that has been hushed up by the bishops for half a century.

Even the Vatican is infiltrated by Gay *** molester priests. Why did you think Pope Benedictt gave up?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    The catholic church has paid of hundreds of millions of donated money to settle the CHILD RAPE and MOLESTATION cases. The present pope has admitted that this has brougth down the church,and caused many catholics to leave.

I admire the people who noisily exposed the evil that has been hushed up by the bishops for half a century.

Even the Vatican is infiltrated by Gay *** molester priests. Why did you think Pope Benedictt gave up?
    I'm not denying that religious leaders are being involved with these hideous issues involving children. I also agree that social stigma is stronger when these happens.
    But what I'm trying to say is that these "Atheist" folks love pointing the finger to these people, but are shrugging shoulders if they are commited by ordinary people, or say politicians, or those in the government. They are the quickest to react, to blame if the accused is of religious origin.

What about Ben Radford? He's a 'skeptics group' guy being charged with ***ual assault/ molestation.
    Did the skeptics published these in their facebook wall?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Charles Darwin's Theory on Natural Selection doesn't need defense. It simply states something that is so basic, it is incontrovertible: "Those organisms that survive to reproduce pass on their traits to their offspring."

Done. Finis. It is something you can observe throughout history and even down to timeframes as short as weeks (watch how bacteria breed resistance to antibiotics).

-

As for bashing the Church. Criticism where it is due. The Catholic Church has coddled pedophilic priests, simply because it didn't want to lose face due to public scandal.

It has spread misinformation throughout the worst of AIDS-stricken Africa... telling people that condoms have "holes" that let the virus through. All because they decided condoms were evil. And this isn't even a teaching of Christ... this was started by ONE MAN... and since he was the Pope, that got written into Church doctrine and made into law.

High-ranking officials accept large gifts and "donations" of luxury items like SUVs.

The misogyny of the modern church. Despite the important role of women in Christ's early ministry, all high ranking Church officials are now male. It is, in fact, a crime with the punishment of excommunication to ordain female priests, even if early Christian sects had female priests. Pure male bigotry, from the very beginning of the Catholic Church... which has labored long and hard over the centuries to wipe away any record of any competing Christian sects that were around at the time it was formed.

-----

And praise where praise is due... the missions that help orphans... that provide livelihood to the poor... that provide education... of course, they're mostly run by nuns rather than pedophiles...

Also, I like this new Pope. Concentrating more on social issues than trying to alienate people. Much like John Paul II.

Of course, however progressive, humble and authentic this Pope is... he cannot change doctrine and dogma handed down by his predecessors... no matter how unjust, unfair and un-Christlike it is. Such is the burden of the Catholic Church. When the words of men are treated as the Word of God, it is very easy to abuse that authority.

-----

This is not a slight on religion itself. If you have something that keeps you happy, sane and centered... so be it. But one must recognize that no earthly authority can claim to speak for God (whether you believe he exists or not), not when it is run by fallible humans.

-----

Ben whosit? Never heard of him. (checks it out)... how unfortunate... but the man is only human... and being a skeptic doesn't mean you can't be an arse. Just as being a believer doesn't mean you can't be an arse, either.
    Last edited by niky; October 1st, 2013 at 01:53 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast