New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I received info (from Associated Press) that Steve Jobs has died. I will post link later. RIP Steve.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]Apple says company co-founder Steve Jobs has died
    CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) -- Apple says the company's co-founder Steve Jobs has died. He was 56. In a brief statement the company said Jobs died Wednesday. He had been battling pancreatic cancer.
    AP NEWS

Indeed a sad news for the tech community

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    here's a link - Apple co-founder, Chairman Steve Jobs dies | Apple - CNET News

Apple co-founder and Chairman Steve Jobs died today, Apple said. He was 56.

Jobs had been suffering from various health issues following the seven-year anniversary of his surgery for a rare form of pancreatic cancer in August 2004. Apple announced in January that he would be taking an indeterminate medical leave of absence, with Jobs then stepping down from his role as CEO in late August.

Jobs had undergone a liver transplant in April 2009 during an earlier planned six-month leave of absence. He returned to work for a year and a half before his health forced him to take more time off. He told his employees in August, "I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come."

Read more: Apple co-founder, Chairman Steve Jobs dies | Apple - CNET News

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    the king is dead. Long live the king...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with all money his money, it didn't save him..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Official Apple Announcement
    October 5, 2011
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]Statement by Apple’s Board of Directors
    We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.

Steve’s brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that
    enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.

His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts.
    APPLE PRESS

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Just saw this in the apple website. Sad news in deed, apple fan or not you can't deny that he is one of the greatest CEO/innovator/salesman/designer in the world. He single handedly promoted a lot of the innovation/competition in the tech world.

May you rest in peace steve jobs.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    RIP steve jobs

RIP apple

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    with all money his money, it didn't save him..
    It was a wonder he lasted as long as he did. That's what money got him. Kung normal na tao lang yan (without his resources), dead na a year ago pa.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE=4]Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple, has passed away at 56[/SIZE]
    By Tim Stevens posted Oct 5th 2011 7:41PM

We just got some very, very sad news. Steve Jobs has passed away. As confirmed on Apple's site, Mr. Jobs has died at the age of 56 after recently stepping down from the position of CEO and naming Tim Cook his successor. Steve has had a profound effect on the world of technology, both at Apple and through his many other endeavors. Our thoughts go out to his family.

Update: All Things D has posted a memo sent out by Tim Cook to Apple employees stating that there will be an internal celebration to honor Steve's life soon. His words can be found after the break.

Team,

I have some very sad news to share with all of you. Steve passed away earlier today.

Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.

We are planning a celebration of Steve's extraordinary life for Apple employees that will take place soon. If you would like to share your thoughts, memories and condolences in the interim, you can simply email rememberingsteve*apple.com.
    No words can adequately express our sadness at Steve's death or our gratitude for the opportunity to work with him. We will honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to continuing the work he loved so much.

Tim

SOURCE: Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple, has passed away at 56 -- Engadget

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Steve Jobs has died