New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want your emergency lights to last longer then what you can do is to unplug them. Ok, i know, it is no longer an emergency light when it is unplugged. But you can always turn them On manually when needed. I keep our emergency lights unplugged, turn them on to totally discharge the batteries once every 4-6 months (discharging at high output takes 36 hours) then charge them up again. Once they are fully charged i unplug them again.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    our company is having a sale of our Mobiya LED Lamp, this is a very nice solar light with mobile phone charger very useful sya last year samin during brownouts, you can pm me for the price

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    If the emergency light will be plugged in all times, what type of battery is recommended, lead acid or Lithium ion?
    Of course lead acid is cheaper, but yearly ata ang palitan niyan. Yung lithium should last longer, so long as it isn't drained down to 0, and always charged?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

my beef with rechargeable emergency lights... is that you will probably need them when there is no electricity.. so how will you charge 'em? keep them charged at all times? by experience, that ain't easy.
    personally, i prefer dry cell-powered emergency lights. the dry cells last over a year with nary a fuss. and they are easy to buy..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Better to have both. Just be religious in discharging and recharging the batteries of the emergency lights once every 3-4 months. Also there are models that you can charge from a car outlet.

Duracel and eveready now have batteries that have 10 year shelf lives. Check the label. And also avoid units that use "C" size battery as this is hard to find in stores. Mostly they stock only AAA, AA and D.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have "C" adaptors.. i put my AAs in the C adaptors.
    what i don't like are the gadgets that use 3 dry cells.. an odd number.. palaging may sobra o may kulang sa binili ko...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I also keep a mini flashlight in the car not the rechargeable type. But I keep the batterries separately to keep it fresh. Was using a rechargeable type before but after some time it was already discharged when I needed to use it.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    you can use flash light with LED type

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ako may dalang portable inverter sa kotse and extension cords.

kahit brownout may tv, electric fan at ilaw ako

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Saan nga ulit sa manila yung bentahan ng solar powered lights. Ano yung sikat. Kasi kailanga ko bigyan yung mga outpost na walang kuryente. Nilalamok daw sila sa gabi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast