New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Saan nga ulit sa manila yung bentahan ng solar powered lights. Ano yung sikat. Kasi kailanga ko bigyan yung mga outpost na walang kuryente. Nilalamok daw sila sa gabi.

Sa Raon sa Quiapo. Tabi tabi yun

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Ah meron pala jan sa raon. Eh yung sa may bandang ongpin.

EDIT: Naalala ko na. Sa may soler maraming ilawan doon, sino sikat pag usapang solar.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^ Those things don't last, they're good for 2 or 3 uses then you throw them away. Kaya nga buy 1 take 1 na yan sa ace and handyman dati. The leds don't last.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    ^^^ Those things don't last, they're good for 2 or 3 uses then you throw them away. Kaya nga buy 1 take 1 na yan sa ace and handyman dati. The leds don't last.
    Took mine apart when it wouldn't charge anymore. Battery is a battery pack composed of 3 AAA cells that has already leaked. Unbranded and not a single mark if it's NiCd or NiMH.

If you're familiar with the battery packs for cordless phones, then that's what's in those things.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Took mine apart when it wouldn't charge anymore. Battery is a battery pack composed of 3 AAA cells that has already leaked. Unbranded and not a single mark if it's NiCd or NiMH.

If you're familiar with the battery packs for cordless phones, then that's what's in those things.
    that means, replacing them will bring the life of the lantern back.

but i have seen a number of gadgets.
    one look at them, and one may come to the conclusion that they are rechargeable. meron pa ngang naka-kabit na mukhang solar panel.
    yun pala, ordinary AAA batteries or button cells lang pala ang nakakabit. and the solar panel is just borloloy.

but many of these rechargeable thingees do last. i have a rechargeable omni flashlight purchased some time ago, "on Xmas sale".. despite my not charging it, it has held its charge for over a year.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 24th, 2018 at 11:29 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    that means, replacing them will bring the life of the lantern back.
    Yeah, but those battery packs are unreliable and die easy when overcharged. It also not plug and play - you'll need to solder them.

And since the lanterns apparently don't have any circuitry to protect the batteries, then you'll most likely be replacing them a lot within the lifetime of the lamp.

What I'm trying to say is, it's not worth the expense or the hassle.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just have flashlights stowed around your home. No need for an emergency light. I always have my Nitecore MH20 EDC. I also have a couple of Nitecore P12s in the house. Family knows where they are, even in the dark. They’re all powered by 18650s and they last a long time, especially when the lights are used at low setting.

If you want an always-ready flashlight that are low maintenance, look for models that can take AA batteries and put Eneloops in them. They can retain as much as 90% capacity even after a year of storage. I have a Mini Maglite LED in the car using Eneloops.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123