New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    pwede mo naman ihiwalay yung loads sa bahay, like pwede mo gawin na yung solar power system mo only supplies power to lights and TV. just install a double throw transfer switch so you have an option pag walang charge ang battery.
    Korek po si sir

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Anybody who can give me a rough investment figure if I want to 'solarize' my home datacenter? It is currently averaging 150W (210W peak) running 24x7. I'm actually spending somewhere in the neighborhood of P1.5k a month on electricity bills to run it.

If I were to put up some solar panels to at least support 50-75% of that load, how much would that system cost and what will be its lifespan? I can compute for the ROI but if it can be provided as well, it would save me the trouble.
    In my limited knowledge, my answers:

1. there are a number of installers in RP who could answer you on this one.
    2. If you wish to power only a part of your load, you need to segregate them. Meaning, choose which of your loads would be powered from your solar array and which would come from the grid. So assuming your example of 150KW is made up of 10 appliances taking up 10KW each, then choose the 5 loads that you would power with a solar array that delivers 75KW (place some allowance.)
    3.Residence-grade solar system set-ups are not that flexible, meaning kapag ang need mo ay somewhere around 150kw-210kw, you need a set up that could deliver the 210kw (with allowance) and the rest of the energy is either stored or wasted.
    4. There is a lot of wasted power depending on your set up.
    5. Mejo mahal na ang 150KW set up sa palagay ko. According to my readings, it takes about 10-14 years para sa ROI ng solar array mo. However those figures are based in the US and our difference with them are as follows:
    a. Their solar panels cost more (ung ginamit sa nabasa ko, sorry nakalimutan ko kung saan), while China brands are so much cheaper and are GETTING even cheaper. Pero isang component pa lang ang solar panel, marami pang iba.
    b. Lifespan ng US made panels are guaranteed to be longer. China brands are relatively new and have not yet proven lifespan
    c. Mas Mataas ang solar radiation received ng Philippines per capita. Meaning kung same panel, mas malaki production natin kesa per capita ng US
    d. Mas mainit sa atin - decrease ng efficiency ng solar panel from 10-30% kung kasama pa dust, etc.

In short, hindi ko alam sagot. Sorry for wasting your time. LOL

seriously, meron naman sa pinas. per it pays to understand it para hindi ka maovercharge.=)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ I just need to power up the datacenter... It uses around 110kW-h a month on average (150W for 24 hrs x 30 days)... not the whole house.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I contacted 3 contractor they will give me the quotation as per my requirements I gave. Hopefully mag work out yung plan ko gawing green energy source yung garden area ko. And I will use solar panel as a roof para hindi na masira ang house roof tamang tama to sa Summer kahit naka bukas lahat ng AC
    Last edited by NightRock; November 26th, 2014 at 04:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    last time i went to raon, daming nag ooffer ng solar power.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Magkano naba solar panel ngayon
    correct me if I'm wrong 600k
    pwede na sa isang bahay with appliances
    tapos battery life is 2-5yrs
    guarranteed lifetime is 25yrs
    and maintenance linis-linis

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    Magkano naba solar panel ngayon
    correct me if I'm wrong 600k
    pwede na sa isang bahay with appliances
    tapos battery life is 2-5yrs
    guarranteed lifetime is 25yrs
    and maintenance linis-linis
    on that range nga ang qoute sakin ng contractor pero may mga additional pa ko kaya di pa kami nakaka pag final deal

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^ I just need to power up the datacenter... It uses around 110kW-h a month on average (150W for 24 hrs x 30 days)... not the whole house.
    What I meant sir was kung yung datacenter mo yung gusto mo ipower sir and just a % of it, it really needs your time in that you need to identify which appliances/loads (eg .computer, etc). ang gagamit ng solar panel. Ang pinaka cost effective way kasi jan talaga sir, decrease mo yung load requirements mo. Then plan out yung usage times nila. May araw ba during that time? Kasi kung gabi, sa batteries ka mag depend. Ang mga pinakamahal na components kasi sir yung panels and yung batteries. Tapos yung batteries ang maiksi ang lifespan. a few thousand charge and discharge cycles if they're good quality.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock View Post
    on that range nga ang qoute sakin ng contractor pero may mga additional pa ko kaya di pa kami nakaka pag final deal
    I suggest that the guys you pick are conscientious in that they really measure your load needs, etc. and not just rely on you saying you need this x amount of power.

Tama si sir crosswind, yung batteries ang maiksi ang life sa mga yan kasi maswerte ka na kung may 1000+ yung charge discharge cycle ng batteries mo. I suggest yung mga lithium iron batteries, pricier pero mas sulit lalo na sa lifespan nya and sa % loss ng power/ charge.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron company na sila magsho-shoulder ng installation cost tapos ibebenta nila sa iyo yung electricity, then after 25 years sa iyo na yung system. pero may minimum roof area sila para sulit bayad, di ko lang sure ilan.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast