New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anyone have done this on thier own house?? I saw in the news that SM North is now powered by SOLAR..(Anak ni Loren Legarda yung Founder)..

I'll been dreaming of this business to start more than a decade ago in Philippines, when I was incharged of installing thousands of solar panel in our Oil Wells in middle east for powering our data communication and transmission. During that time most of my staff are pinoys and they explain it to me how good it is but it needs a huge investment. Now I don't know where they are. I'm thinking to power my house thru Solar. I have 125 sqm garden and I'am planning to install Solar Panel on that area to cover the whole garden and it can also served as a roof (rather than putting the solar panel in the house roof).

Any one have tried this in philippines I have seen a lot of this in UK. Any one knows a good contracting company that can do this Job.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Search solaric philippines. May prices sila

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock View Post
    Anyone have done this on thier own house?? I saw in the news that SM North is now powered by SOLAR..(Anak ni Loren Legarda yung Founder)..

I'll been dreaming of this business to start more than a decade ago in Philippines, when I was incharged of installing thousands of solar panel in our Oil Wells in middle east for powering our data communication and transmission. During that time most of my staff are pinoys and they explain it to me how good it is but it needs a huge investment. Now I don't know where they are. I'm thinking to power my house thru Solar. I have 125 sqm garden and I'am planning to install Solar Panel on that area to cover the whole garden and it can also served as a roof (rather than putting the solar panel in the house roof).

Any one have tried this in philippines I have seen a lot of this in UK. Any one knows a good contracting company that can do this Job.
    Meron sa cavite, i forgot the name.

I think it's better if you find out more about which type you really like. Do you want it on-grid or off-grid?

Sayang, sa ibang countries like australia, pag may excess electricity ka from solar array mo, pwede mo sha isauli sa power companies (distributors) - they either pay you like they do power producers, or at least give you a rebate sa electric bill mo.

Yung renewable energy law natin meron nang provisions for that - wala lang talaga kwenta implementation ng executive department natin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Imagine kung lahat ng bahay sa mga first class subdivision or village i required na mag installed ng Solar malaking tulong sa goverment yon nama bawas ng load sa power grid.

On my requirements I think it is better to have options on/off grid so during rainy days na mahina ang sikat ng araw I can still use normal power from Meralco.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Imagine kung lahat ng bahay sa mga first class subdivision or village i required na mag installed ng Solar malaking tulong sa goverment yon nama bawas ng load sa power grid.

On my requirements I think it is better to have options on/off grid so during rainy days na mahina ang sikat ng araw I can still use normal power from Meralco.
    Mahal kasi sir ang gumawa ng solar array eh. And usually talaga pag residence on-grid gamit.

Eto sir mahahalikan moko sa matutunan mo dito:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzcTFUcXwIY

maraming episode yan.

Nagresearch na rin ako jan dati - pinakamura yung gawang china. In a few years pakiramdam ko magmumura cost ng solar energy system components. lalo na't nagkikick in na mass production.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    di na kailangan niyan
    sabi nga diba ni Pnoy
    Pano pag walang araw?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nag kalat na nga ang mga Solar panel na made in China.. I think in few years time mag boom na din yan at marami na mag kaka interest na pasukin ang business na yan like CCT installer nag kalat na so pag dami ng demand and supply mag mumura din yan.. But for now I am considering investing on it but I prefered off grid nag research pa ko magkano ang preso ng mga good quality battery.. If only I can take those battery I have from my contractor hehehe kaya lang ayoko mawalan ng work better pay it on my hard earned money rather than stealing it from the company and lossing my job.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    nag kalat na nga ang mga Solar panel na made in China.. I think in few years time mag boom na din yan at marami na mag kaka interest na pasukin ang business na yan like CCT installer nag kalat na so pag dami ng demand and supply mag mumura din yan.. But for now I am considering investing on it but I prefered off grid nag research pa ko magkano ang preso ng mga good quality battery.. If only I can take those battery I have from my contractor hehehe kaya lang ayoko mawalan ng work better pay it on my hard earned money rather than stealing it from the company and lossing my job.
    Hehe... pero shempre sir you want to start it right. Morality is a slippery slope. If we allow ourselves do small bad things, it would lead to us doing more.

Malamang magmumura talaga yan sir. Im also planning a business set-up like this but for transport operations. Shempre di ko pwede idetalye. hehe.

China brands of course not good as their US counterparts, pero the decrease in efficiency is offset by the price.

In terms of battery, malaki talaga energy waste jan sir. Pinakaefficient as of the moment mga lithium-iron-phosphate batteries.

Consider mo sir kung more of DC or AC mga appliances/loads na gagamitin mo. Pag nagcoconvert kasi from DC (which is the current created by the solar panel, unless may microinverter sha) to AC, may losses ulit. On the average, a solar array set up with AC loads and a battery set-up (para may kuryente ka kahit gabi) has around 30-60% energy waste. So important na you decrease your need and plan your loads.

Pag saktuhan lang kasi yung set-up mo, magdagdag ka lang ng electric fan magugulo na agad yun. lol. kinocompute pa yang load kasi.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede mo naman ihiwalay yung loads sa bahay, like pwede mo gawin na yung solar power system mo only supplies power to lights and TV. just install a double throw transfer switch so you have an option pag walang charge ang battery.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Anybody who can give me a rough investment figure if I want to 'solarize' my home datacenter? It is currently averaging 150W (210W peak) running 24x7. I'm actually spending somewhere in the neighborhood of P1.5k a month on electricity bills to run it.

If I were to put up some solar panels to at least support 50-75% of that load, how much would that system cost and what will be its lifespan? I can compute for the ROI but if it can be provided as well, it would save me the trouble.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast