New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Guys, any idea? Software na commonly used in schools/offices that will block certain commands/applications, also websites na pwede i-access. Is there a free software na ganon? If it should be bought, how much kaya ang going rate?

Functions should:
    - Limit certain users in deleting internet cache/history
    - Admin should be the only one who can install/uninstall applications
    - Block websites

Sa school namin before naman, parang may spy software. Example, the prof suspects that STUDENT A using COMPUTER 1 is just playing Farmville, he will check on him by simply click the computer number of the student and he can see through what he's doing, parang spectator mode.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    try mo wingate.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used Wingate years ago when I didn't yet used stand-alone routers.

It was effective enough but requires an admin to configure it and the networked PCs properly.

Downside (then) wingate didn't support online games and does crash once in while.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You can also try OpenDNS

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Functions should:
    - Limit certain users in deleting internet cache/history
    - Admin should be the only one who can install/uninstall applications
    - Block websites
    You can simply use GPO or Group Policy Objects to control everything, if your environment is purely Microsoft OS and having Active Directory authentication.

You can control your user's desktop settings, registry, browser, application deployment, and even control your user's devices such as USB ports.

Cost: zero cents: Free on Windows 2003 server
    Last edited by Mile2; March 11th, 2010 at 11:24 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    It will be used in an office, so online games wouldn't be a problem. Wingate lang ba? What if some of the computers are not part of the LAN setup? Say they access the net through wifi. Pano yun?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    You can simply use GPO or Group Policy Objects to control everything, if your environment is purely Microsoft OS and having Active Directory authentication.

You can control your user's desktop settings, registry, browser, application deployment, and even control your user's devices such as USB ports.

Cost: zero cents: Free on Windows 2003 server
    Hmm that's good but what my boss wants is to access or "see" what the person actually does on the computer during work time. Parang TeamViewer function. Sa school namin may software na ganon, but my professor told me na pang-school lang daw ung software na un.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    It will be used in an office, so online games wouldn't be a problem. Wingate lang ba? What if some of the computers are not part of the LAN setup? Say they access the net through wifi. Pano yun?
    If you allow them as stand alone, why bother yourself with the security issues?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    try network magic by cisco. i use it.
    install it in every pc with a password known only to you.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thread title says: "Software that sets limits/restrictions on a network"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Software that sets limits/restrictions on a network