New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    How much does Microsoft Office cost nowadays?

iba na talaga ang panahon ngayon, Microsoft plays the underdog.
    MS Office 2007 SBE (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) = P9,300.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    *cough* I guess that's what happens when there's no competition
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    if you work for the US government or some corporations you get huge discounts. I got MS Office 2007 Enterprise and Mac Office 2008 for a grand total of $43 including shipping.

That said I also use Sun's Open Office (PC)/NeoOffice (for Mac).

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm one of the early adopters and have been using MS Office 2010 for months now, even before it was formally introduced in the market.

All I can say is, you really get what you pay for. Openoffice pales in comparison, really! Just stating facts and not meaning to belittle openoffice users.

As for the ribbon thingie, it requires some getting used to. The good thing is, once you do get the hang of it, it is faster and easier to work with compared to the drop-down menu-type approach of Office 2003 and earlier.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    if you work for the US government or some corporations you get huge discounts. I got MS Office 2007 Enterprise and Mac Office 2008 for a grand total of $43 including shipping.
    This is for a volume license?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I'm one of the early adopters and have been using MS Office 2010 for months now, even before it was formally introduced in the market.

All I can say is, you really get what you pay for. Openoffice pales in comparison, really! Just stating facts and not meaning to belittle openoffice users.

As for the ribbon thingie, it requires some getting used to. The good thing is, once you do get the hang of it, it is faster and easier to work with compared to the drop-down menu-type approach of Office 2003 and earlier.
    exactly which features in MS Office are better than the free alternatives. I'm just curious because I've only used the most basic features of any MS/OO/Neo office application.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    exactly which features in MS Office are better than the free alternatives. I'm just curious because I've only used the most basic features of any MS/OO/Neo office application.
    Given the fact that you (and many others) only use the basic features found in "Office Suites" packages, won't it benefit the end-user to go to the open license solution instead of paying thousands of pesos for software features never actually used?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Given the fact that you (and many others) only use the basic features found in "Office Suites" packages, won't it benefit the end-user to go to the open license solution instead of paying thousands of pesos for software features never actually used?
    no argument here buddy. just wondering about the better features since he mentioned 'you get what you pay for'.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Truth be told, if you're a longtime power user of MS Office and have the cash for a 2010 license, then by all means buy it and stick with it. Yes there are some advanced features that are missing in OpenOffice.org 3.2.

BUT...who can honestly claim that they're an MS Office power user? I've grown up using various versions of Office (I started with 4.3) and while I've managed to use some of its undoubtedly powerful capabilities I can safely say I haven't mastered its ins and outs yet - especially with Excel. For 85-90% of people OpenOffice.org 3.2 delivers everything they'll ever need.

I use MS Office 2007 at work and I've slowly gotten used to the Ribbon interface. Okey naman pero may learning curve talaga.

Also case in point: DLSU has pretty much scrapped MS Office and it's using OpenOffice.org instead.
    Last edited by Type 100; August 27th, 2010 at 02:42 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi, GM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
so who wants to buy expensive MS Office licenses?