New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    i have created a google account and i have been tinkering with Google docs.
    this is one great online application we have here. the word processor, spreadsheet, presentation editors are now on-line and it's FREE!

you get to have your own My docs folder online too. no more worrying if your files get lost in your hard drive and you can share your docs with multiple users. plus you can access and edit your documents in any computer whether you're in a i-cafe in bora, or a borrowed laptop abroad!

this is the FUTURE! imagine me working on a spreadsheet document, and then i save it to shared folder with my co-workers, and then they save and I load again the file for final edit

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_hJ3R8jEZM"]YouTube- Introducing a new Google Docs[/ame]

btw the spreadsheet app supports MS Excel's formulas. i just loaded my offline files and it read my tables and formulas with no error.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    how safe naman ang mga documents mo pag i-save mo sa net? i'm worried lang kasi baka kopyahin ang pinaghirapan mong docs or spreadsheets na ipo-post mo dun.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ryel View Post
    how safe naman ang mga documents mo pag i-save mo sa net? i'm worried lang kasi baka kopyahin ang pinaghirapan mong docs or spreadsheets na ipo-post mo dun.
    I'd think your documents should be safe unless your Google (gmail) account is compromised.

Google docs also has a nice sharing function. This sharing function will allow you to make your document viewable (or editable) to other people. Hence, instead of sending your documents as an email attachment, you can just send the private link to your document.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ryel View Post
    Short answer is, your documents are not secured if they are stored online.

Then again, if your main concern is the security and confidentiality of your documents, you wouldn't be using Google docs anyway. You'd be paying for software which creates and encrypts documents you make.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i used this before to collaborate in writing a document when i was working in a virtual office a few year ago.

pero i agree, free online tools are not for business-sensitive documents. meron naman openoffice which is a great product; and it's also free.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why do it "online" when you can download & install a copy of OPENOFFICE?

It runs like MS Office for the most part and it's free!

In fact our entire office has been using OpenOffice for a couple of years now and have eliminated the need of the expensive to license MS Office entirely.

Old thread about openoffice vs ms office:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39903

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    in my case naman, ang problema ko is storing office documents. I have a usb flash disk, an external disk and the drive d: partition of my laptop. kung minsan nagkakandalito-lito kung san ko na-save sa dami ng sine-save ko sa internet. minsan nasa downloads folder. and also yun problem ko na kung alin ang pinaka-updated na ms office files. yun nasa usb ba or yun nasa hdd

and lately, my brother and dad have been asking me to always reinstall their laptops tapos bigla magagalit na na-delete ko pala yun mga my documents nila. ako pa nasisi. so i guess this is a better solution. ilagay ko na lang yun files ko online. anyway, you can backup it naman to disk if you want. you can also print directly from the online google docs.

ang advantage na nakikita ko dito is dito sa office. dad creates a memo document tapos gusto nya ako mag-print tapos ibigay ko isa-isa sa employees. eh kung ganito na lang kaya, i require our employees to create a google account. i configure my dad's google account to have a shared folder, and then share that folder to our employees. no more printing, real time distribution pa

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Why do it "online" when you can download & install a copy of OPENOFFICE?

It runs like MS Office for the most part and it's free!

In fact our entire office has been using OpenOffice for a couple of years now and have eliminated the need of the expensive to license MS Office entirely.

Old thread about openoffice vs ms office:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39903
    QFT.

One big upside of OpenOffice.org is that it doesn't use the Ribbon interface of MS Office 2007 and 2010, sticking instead to the older Office 2003 interface. Ribbon's utility has split opinion, mostly with longtime Office stalwarts who don't have the time or willingness to adapt to something changed arguably just for the heck of it.

OpenOffice's only real weakness is Impress, its presentation program. Doesn't hold a candle to PowerPoint.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    How much does Microsoft Office cost nowadays?

iba na talaga ang panahon ngayon, Microsoft plays the underdog.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    in my case naman, ang problema ko is storing office documents. I have a usb flash disk, an external disk and the drive d: partition of my laptop. kung minsan nagkakandalito-lito kung san ko na-save sa dami ng sine-save ko sa internet. minsan nasa downloads folder. and also yun problem ko na kung alin ang pinaka-updated na ms office files. yun nasa usb ba or yun nasa hdd

and lately, my brother and dad have been asking me to always reinstall their laptops tapos bigla magagalit na na-delete ko pala yun mga my documents nila. ako pa nasisi. so i guess this is a better solution. ilagay ko na lang yun files ko online. anyway, you can backup it naman to disk if you want. you can also print directly from the online google docs.

ang advantage na nakikita ko dito is dito sa office. dad creates a memo document tapos gusto nya ako mag-print tapos ibigay ko isa-isa sa employees. eh kung ganito na lang kaya, i require our employees to create a google account. i configure my dad's google account to have a shared folder, and then share that folder to our employees. no more printing, real time distribution pa

If that is your problem, then it is not a software issue.

The problem is how you, your staff and your family manages your files and documents in your PCs and various storage medias.

As for re-installing a computer's OS, it is a natural question to ask if the user have backed-up all his important data & documents off the computer BEFORE proceeding with an full operating system re-install.

Again, this is NOT a software issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
so who wants to buy expensive MS Office licenses?