New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    usually at 18mos pwede ka na magearly retention. kung "suki" ka dun sa iisang WC lang usually, sinasabi nila. pero kung every now and then paiba-iba ka ng WC (na pinagbabayaran) medyo wala ng "personal touch", i.e. subtle reminder na pwede na kayong magretention. observation ko lang though... anyway, kung may close naman kayo sa WC nyo di pa-remind na lang kayo at 18 mos.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just availed a couple of weeks ago of the retention program for my wife's P1200 plan. I got P990i with cashout of P5,500.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Existing pa ito sa smart. just got mine a few months ago. All you have to do is go to any smart wireless center to avail.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Magkaiba ang Smart sa Globe, Smart "gives" you a new phone while Globe gives you credit equiv based on usage...

Both are just additional handcuffs to keep you in their networks... But if you have no plans of switching, pwede nadin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    pwede pa....nag-aantay lang ako ng magandang offer na phone bago ako mag-avail, pangit pa nga offers nila ngayon...I think mga PDA phones di na sila nag-ooffer kasi di nila kaya i-network-lock hehehehe....i'm due for a retention package 6months ago pa kaso pangit offers eh....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Smart also offers higher-end phones for users who are on bigger plans. Halimbawa, sa plan 1800, libre ang Nokia N73ME, E61i at Sony Ericsson P990i, among others.

As theveed said, it's an acceptable option if one has no intention of switching.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    The SE K610 looks really nice! hehehe! Tama sir, if you intend to use your existing service provider for another 2 years, ok pa din.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you opt for billing credits as your retention package, well... minsan palpak ang TelCo's dyan... sobrang tagal lumabas sa billing ang deductions.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yes, you have to ask them for it....

Else, lulusot sila. I have an officemate who has not availed of the Smart retention plan for 4-5 years already dahil walang tumatawag sa kanya.

Actually, you can avail of the retention plan as early as 18 months.

3202:rainbow:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i also suggest you read carefully the new contract terms. the current rates and plans will apply. if you used to get XX credits/mins from your old plan (ex plan 1200) the new contract for plan 1200 will usually give less credits or minutes. in effect you are not extending your current but signing a new contract, even if other details like phone number are the same.

my current 4 year old plan 800 from smart. its the consumable type but it has 500 free sms/month. i believe the current plan 1200/consumable has only 250 free sms monthly.

so for me, its cheaper to buy a new mid-class cellphone than renew my plan.

but i think the retention program is advantageous if you are really after the free unit corresponding to the new contract.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Smart's retention promo