Jan 2008
    Ako wala haha.. Windows Firewall lang

And my last OSRE was 3rd Quarter 2005! hehehe :dude:

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ako wala ding antivirus

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    why? what's so good for not having a anti virus in your pc? isn't it a necessity as far as pc safety is concerned?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    In my experience lang sa HOME computing,
    Some Antivirus software is a resource hog.
    Some Antivirus software complicates things, that should've been very simple.
    In short some Antivirus software are inefficient.

Para din namang sasakyan ang PC, the most efficient safety mechanism is the user.

Pde naman ma-prevent ang viruses and other malicious software kung filtered mga pumapasok sa PC e. So the most efficient filter is the user mismo .

Ewan ko na lang sa ibang computing environments.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    para sa akin dapat meron kang anti-virus lalo na kong lagi kang gumagamit ng flash drive or remomable memory ambilis kumalat ng virus lalo na ang mga auto run virus marami namang mga free version na anti-virus at dapat meron ding firewall

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AeonBlaire View Post
    In my experience lang sa HOME computing,
    Some Antivirus software is a resource hog.
    Some Antivirus software complicates things, that should've been very simple.
    In short some Antivirus software are inefficient.

Para din namang sasakyan ang PC, the most efficient safety mechanism is the user.

Pde naman ma-prevent ang viruses and other malicious software kung filtered mga pumapasok sa PC e. So the most efficient filter is the user mismo .

Ewan ko na lang sa ibang computing environments.
    So long as you don't surf pr0n sites or use p2p to download and then visit here. This site has a high (relatively speaking) incidence of spyware, at least compared to other forums when I make my rounds.

It seems ok lately. But, I'm still not letting my guard down. The Mac Mini caught something when I used Safari here. It may also have been from my daughter using my Mini. Either way, I stopped using the Mini for surfing here.

Whenever I surf here, everything in the arsenal's fully loaded and updated.

The last time a trojan/worm/virus got through to my pc was back when I still used Windows 98SE around late 1999. The last time a virus did massive damage to my computer was way back when I was still using a Commodore Amiga A500, say 1990. And yes, I used to bootleg back then when I was still young, stupid, and relatively poor.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 16th, 2008 at 04:35 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i dont have antivirus,firewall,adaware(or any software that watches for mallware and the likes)
    i surf the net everyday,play online(BF2142 64 players),**** surfing,P2P,limewire.
    i hardly get any virus(probably bout 2-3 years ago when i had one)
    i do have an antivurs program installed and i only use those programs when it gets infected to clean it but other tha that...its always turned off.(and i have a 20MB download speed internet connection to boot)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee View Post
    i dont have antivirus,firewall,adaware(or any software that watches for mallware and the likes)
    i surf the net everyday,play online(BF2142 64 players),**** surfing,P2P,limewire.
    i hardly get any virus(probably bout 2-3 years ago when i had one)
    i do have an antivurs program installed and i only use those programs when it gets infected to clean it but other tha that...its always turned off.(and i have a 20MB download speed internet connection to boot)
    Just wondering how often do you do finances/buy stuff online with that pc?
    My gaming pc is much more relaxed too. But, it's rarely on the web except when I play BF1942DCX/BF2 with relatives and my daughter when she plays WoW.

This laptop I'm on now is for casual use as well. It's relaxed when I surf my trusted sites. But when I go to sites like here, it's "SHIELDS UP and ENGAGE CLOAK" time. There were at least a couple of times (here at Tsikot.com) back in 2006 when I encountered home page redirects as well as suspicious certificate errors, not to mention that 5 million views Taco Bell thread which was probably a DOS attack. So, I have reasons to take precautions.

I have dualcores now. So antivirus software being a hog isn't a concern. I have cable broadband which is still quite fast with wide pipelines as well. I can surf, play online, and have AVG do a scan all at once without feeling the pinch.

I do have a pc strictly for finances and it's "armed to the teeth".

For those with no protection whatsoever. I hope you guys are familiar with rootkits. They're nasty little f****rs and hard to get rid of.

I do have Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 which can prevent rootkit attacks and is both server and client level.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 16th, 2008 at 09:28 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by donski View Post
    para sa akin dapat meron kang anti-virus lalo na kong lagi kang gumagamit ng flash drive or remomable memory ambilis kumalat ng virus lalo na ang mga auto run virus marami namang mga free version na anti-virus at dapat meron ding firewall
    +1. once i edited a document in my flash drive using a PC not mine and when i tried to access it using my laptop, the AV started screaming. 300+ docs infected in just over 30 minutes of editing.

if you're wary of some AV being resource hogs viruses, adware and spyware can slow your system to a crawl.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont have one on my macbook :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sino walang Antivirus sa PC?