New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saw it yesterday in the paper, available na dito sa atin, mas ok ba ito vis a vis LCD TV?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hay may bago nanaman. Wala pa nga akong LCD may LED na. CRT pa rin TV ko.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Hay may bago nanaman. Wala pa nga akong LCD may LED na. CRT pa rin TV ko.
    Ok lang yan. I also don't have a LCD or whatever flat-screen TV. But I do have a DLP projector. It can give me a screen the size of 120 inches if I have a wall big enough to act as the screen. Just connect it to a good enough video source (PC, laptop, media center, etc).

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I already saw this "led tv" on Samsung Philippines website sometime ago. I remember they mention it about being more green and slimmer.

if only a 52" screen would only cost 80k, ok na ok, lcd or led.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    what are the advantages/disadvantages of LED compared to LCD?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sobra pang mahal nyang LED TV, the 40" model costs 150K+, while a similar sized LCD model costs only around 50K.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mahal pa kasi ang production ng LED Backlighting units. Everybody wants to move na to LED but it's a bit prohibitive at this time. Sa Laptops, Sony led it and Apple shortly followed.

Ang advantage lang ng LED sa CCFL is longer life and instant full brightness. sa CCFL kasi you'll have to wait for 30mins (IIRC). LED consumes lesser electricity too. CCFL requires an inverter pa (ballast) to feed high-voltage to the FL in order to drive it.

But there's a better version of LED, RGB-LED. It's so much better over white LED or any CCFL because it can achieve almost 100% of NTSC / Adobe RGB (most tvs can only do around 50% - and those are the good ones).

Another technology to watch out for is OLED. Organic LED. Ito naman, di na kailangan ng backlight.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Not interested for now. Wait lang for the economies of scale to drive the cost of the technology down.... LED indeed has come a long way since the days when it's just a logic indicator in a circuit....

8000:borg1:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another advantage of LED backlights is you can get blacker black areas of the screen simply by turning off the LEDs in the area of the screen that is black.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    UK Review from avforums.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHv-sonQu8I]Extensive review of the super slim Samsung LED LCD[/ame]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Samsung LED tv..