New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Most of the newer CPE's Huawei, ZTE, Zyxel, Fiberhome have USB slots for media sharing and can be tweaked as transparent bridge or routed. You may have to declare the old modem as defective or intermittent for them to replace the modem for free or just use your own router for total control. I'd be more comfortable on dynamic WAN iPs as the statics are prone to UDP land attacks. I am using a 10yr old(i think) Linkys EA2750 can be used as range extender, with hi-gain antennaes, and USB & guest mode function, MAC can also be filtered for total security within LAN.
    the one i have is old. binaklas ko na dati yun. i found the antenna to be atttached via SMA connector. so i bought an external high gain antenna..kaso ung cable nman problema..wag ko daw butasan sabi ni misis at bka mgkaproblema e hindi nila maitwag naman sa globe.
    ideclare ko na lang na damage then itwag ko agad sa globe para mapilitan (sana) silang i-activate ung modem ko.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Dynamic IP shouldn't be a problem if you're the one initiating the VPN connection (outbound). However, inbound VPN can be a problem and can usually be addressed by using a dynamic DNS service.

I am on dynamic IP but I am still able to VPN into my home from anywhere using dynamic DNS.

BTT:
    Instead of disabling the WiFi on the CPE router, you can add a 2nd wireless router and set its WiFi to the same SSID and PSK as the first one. That will extend the coverage of your WiFi. Just follow best practices when allocating the channels (use non-overlapping channels) and make sure you're not using a channel that is already occupied by you or a neighbor.

In this setup, you won't use the routing and DHCP functionality of the 2nd router. You're only going to use it as a 2nd switch 2nd AP.... a wired extension of your network, if you will.

usually naman sa pinas mga residential subscriptions class C ip lang binibgay...non-routable. well at least sa mga smart and globe subsription namin dati sa bulacan. never had issues naman if WFH ako. mabagal lang talaga.

and globe support doesn't even know kung anong equipment iniinstall ng contractora nila. jot even the brand. ieescalate daw nila. kaya nabuwisit na rin ako.
    ayaw nman padisconnect ni misis at stable daw globe sa amin vs PLDT.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    What's a good WiFi router to use connected to the ISP router?
    look for those newer 802.11ac models from linksys/dlink. get one with high gain antennaes or at least replaceable ones.
    but like the others are saying - check if your existing gateway device will work with it (it should in most cases)

i've been seeing those TENDA brand devices for sale in lazada and shoppee. check their reviews.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12