New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the remote computer is being used or playing a game that is full screen, what will I see on my computer? The game or the desktop?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    its a remote control, you're not opening a new session.
    you will see whatever application is open on the remote computer.

you can also connect to view only to see if anybody is using the computer.

if somebody is using the computer and you connect to control,
    magaagawan kayo sa mouse and keyboard. :D
    Last edited by roninblade; July 11th, 2007 at 12:23 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So if the remote computer is currently playing an online game, when I view it, it will show the game on my screen? So pwede ko pala guluhin yung naglalaro :bwahaha:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    kelangan mo lang setup yung router mo sa manila to forward whatever port vnc is using to the pc you want to connect to. di ko sure kung meron issue/limitation ang vnc sa xp home, baka alam ng iba dito. ang magiging problem mo lang is the IP you will connect to kung naka DHCP yung provider mo sa manila.

yep, nakikita yung whole screen ng remote computer. locally naman, pwede nasa window and pwede din full screen.
    ano lang kelangan ko set-up dito sa laptop ko? dba pag naka dhcp, pwede magiba-iba ng ip address? what if naka dhcp yung provider ko sa manila?

btw, i downloaded the enterprise edition of VNC. ano kelangan ko i-setup dito?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you can afford it, you can buy the single license of PCAnywhere. daling gamitin. but if you cannot, you can do windows remote control for this, BUT this does not work the same as PCAnywhere where you can see the actual remote controller is doing to your computer. WIndows Remote Control logs out the user, and allows the Remote Controller to login as Administrator (he should know what is the password of the Administrator na naka setup sa computer mo.)

what would you need to do is to open a port sa windows firewall, if you are not hiding behind a corporate firewall. normally, the TCP+UDP port 80 is utilized.

if you are hiding a corporate firewall, try to request assistance from your systems administrator to open this port up for you, using the same protocols, and allow incoming packets from your source I.P. (PC or another server...)

for VPN, you may need to do a port forwarding. medyo mahabang explaination. PM mo na lang ako kung kailangan mo pa ng mahaba-habang information.

same goes for going out from your PC to another PC.

hth.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede ba mag file transfer or printer sharing kapag naka remote?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Pwede ba mag file transfer or printer sharing kapag naka remote?
    afaik bro, hindi.... remote just means you are taking over the desktop or the computer as if you are controlling it, even though you are away from the computer.

ftp is a different scenario. its an exchange of files between two computers so that means, if you are behind a firewall, you have to allow FTP, and you have to use an FTP software (like WFTP) wherein one screen contains two different sets of computers. one is the remote and one is the host.

print sharing, is also not possible in remote.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    syempre kelangan turned on and online yung computer.
    In cases of HP, kahit naka-off yung state ng PC, pwede sya i-turn on thru Wake-on LAN options ng BIOS, and also dapat nakaplug yung power cord ng pc and nakakabit yung LAN cable. With the proper tools, you can now command your PC to power-up...so green compliant lahat kami sa ofc hehe!

Dati I am using "LogmeIn.com" wherein it requires you install it on the pc that you want to control, set the settings and voila, you can now remote, may security option din yun like you may want to power off your monitor whenever you remote control it, and also pwede file transfer at printer sharing.

With the vast securities that we are implementing at the office, we are using VPN to be at least connected dun sa ofc LAN...and by invoking RDC or mstsc, pwede na control office pc kahit saan (kaya wala akong ligtas )...and there's this option sa RDC wherein you may want to share your local resources like drives, printers and serial ports.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa remote desktop ng Windows XP pwede ka mag file transfer, copy paste lang ok na.

Badtrip din to minsan, ung sa dati kong work ung pc na gamit ko server din. ayun ang daming nag reremote admin, minsan bigla na lang gagalaw ung mouse tapos mag oopen ng notepad tapos lalagay "peram muna ako sandali". hehehe

ung vnc saka radmin naman gamit ng boss namin dito sa work ko para mamonitor kung may ginagawa kaming kalokohan. hehehe. pero diba dapat bawal un? hehe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by fLaKeZ View Post
    ung vnc saka radmin naman gamit ng boss namin dito sa work ko para mamonitor kung may ginagawa kaming kalokohan. hehehe. pero diba dapat bawal un? hehe
    This is actually a controversial topic. At work, you're using their equipment. It's well within their legal rights to make sure their investment is put to good use. But how far can/should they go?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Remoting Desktop