New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    This is actually a controversial topic. At work, you're using their equipment. It's well within their legal rights to make sure their investment is put to good use. But how far can/should they go?
    They can go as far as they need. If the higher ups say the work pc's are for official/business use only, then it'd be wise not to do any personal stuff on them.

I think I remember the proper term for Netmeeting.....it's collaboration/remote collaboration. Pretty neat using the apps on another pc remotely.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 11th, 2007 at 06:16 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    whoa! naguguluhan na ako sa software na gagamitin ko ah. haha! ok ok, ano na lang pinakamadali gamitin? mukhang ok yung suggestion ni vhenok na LogmeIn.com.. check ko 2mrw yan, medyo senglot na ako ngayon eh. haha! so basically hindi pwede gamitin yung option na remote desktop ko sa winxp pro kasi yung ireremote ko e naka home lang. which third party software do you think is very easy to use? let say i downloaded the VNC, so kelangan ko lang magset ng rule sa router on which port to allow and get the public IP address ryt?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    kami tightVNC gamit namin dito sa field.
    well, usually
    a. para lang di na kailangang tumakbo from tower to ROV shack para lang ayusin yung display nila or i-control yung display nila para sa ROV pilot. or
    b. controllin yung isa pang PC sa instrument room kung nas bridge ka.

as far as I can tell it's easy to use...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GmZ View Post
    let say i downloaded the VNC, so kelangan ko lang magset ng rule sa router on which port to allow and get the public IP address ryt?
    Basically, yes. VNC uses port 5900 by default, so you need to open that on your router/firewall.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    *GmZ

Dun sa PC na gusto mong i-control, just go to logmein.com and download their free version...would just require you to create an account initially...follow mo lang yung steps...then in any browser outside your home or office, punta ka lang sa site, login with your account, and from there pwede mo na makita pc mo, just don't forget to explore some settings para mas secured ang control mo...pwede din multiple pc, basta use the same login name and from there, i-add mo lang yung another pc...

Tagal ko na nga lang di ginagamit yun but then it should work...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    *GmZ

Dun sa PC na gusto mong i-control, just go to logmein.com and download their free version...would just require you to create an account initially...follow mo lang yung steps...then in any browser outside your home or office, punta ka lang sa site, login with your account, and from there pwede mo na makita pc mo, just don't forget to explore some settings para mas secured ang control mo...pwede din multiple pc, basta use the same login name and from there, i-add mo lang yung another pc...

Tagal ko na nga lang di ginagamit yun but then it should work...
    nagdownload na ako ng LogmeIn. kaso ang pinangdownload ko e itong laptop ko, pwede naman siguro magadd ng computer dba? so add ko na lang yung desktop ko 2mrw. pwede ba within the same account?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    ^ pwede several pc's in one account...upon login kasi, there's this "My Computer" wherein andun naka-define mga computers available for controlling, syempre you need to add them by initially logging in dun sa pc na ko-kontrolin mo...good luck po!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I was able to remote my desktop computer in manila using Logmein, thanks to ser vhenok. i also want to try the VNC. Master Yoda, steps naman po dyan. hehe. paano ko malalaman ang name ng service ko, meron dun na viewer un yata ang gagamitin para maview yung desktop. pero dko alam gamitin. hehe!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GmZ View Post
    i also want to try the VNC. Master Yoda, steps naman po dyan. hehe. paano ko malalaman ang name ng service ko, meron dun na viewer un yata ang gagamitin para maview yung desktop. pero dko alam gamitin. hehe!
    Yes, the viewer is what you use to connect to the other PC in order to view/control its desktop. Service/server name is the name or IP address of the other PC. Does the other PC have a VNC notification icon on the taskbar? If so, you're ready to go. If not, run it from the Start menu.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yes, the viewer is what you use to connect to the other PC in order to view/control its desktop. Service/server name is the name or IP address of the other PC. Does the other PC have a VNC notification icon on the taskbar? If so, you're ready to go. If not, run it from the Start menu.
    ngayon ko lang nabasa ulet reply mo yoda.. haha! kelangan ko pa nga pala maginstall ng VNC sa desktop ko sa makati. Basta ilalagay ko lang IP address nung computer ko sa makati? public ba or private?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Remoting Desktop