New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sino naglalaro ng mga racing simulators dito?

just installed rFactor in my lappie. at first i was so excited about sim. racing because of the realistic racing environment but now i find it very difficult i keep spinning and going off-course. darn my lap times are on the 3-minute range i don't have a steering wheel so I use the keyboard. though i think that it is easier to drive with a steering wheel installed.

still downloading race 07 and richard burns rally. sabi nila ang hirap daw ng RBR..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    if you're playing on the PC, Grid and NFS shift comes to mind (arcade type racing).

I'm gonna try rfactor too. looks interesting.
    Last edited by Negus; December 20th, 2009 at 06:38 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One of the better ones I have tried is an oldie...

Need for Speed Porsche...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    you need to set the nfs shift first to realistic settings.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    racing simulators are more challenging than arcade type racing games (like NFS). it can also sharpen your driving skills a bit (with a steering wheel) a little delay in braking would make you go off-course if you enter a corner at speeds more than 100km/h, you will definitely go off-course and spin. hahaha frustrating kung minsan..

i even tried a BMW F1 car without even mastering the correct braking and steering of a lower-hp car (lower speed) then there I was, spinning at every 5 meters of the track F1 cars (at least in rFactor) are just too fast lol hahahaha

must try bro, nakaka challenge hahahaha.. a racing simulator-setuped cafe (i saw in TPC forums) uses race 07.. 150/hr with logitech G25 steering wheel.. I want to have a steering wheel din!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Lets keep this thread alive! Trip ko rin kasi ito.

Better get a good steering wheel. For now I own a crappy generic one. Until now ko nga lang napansin mga inperfection nito kaya pala panay over steer din ako. Kung naka KB ka for sure panay oversteer ka lalo. Kasi isang hit mo lang ng key para ka nang naka-full break so skid and out of control ka nga.

LFS talaga trip kong game mga 3 yrs na. Hindi ako makahanap ng licensed version at wala naman akong makitang private server para sa crack na version so naghahanap talaga ako ng legit copy.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The official GT5 steering wheel/pedals for the PS3 is the Logitech Driving Force GT. It has a red dial for adjusting sensitivity on the fly.

What got me interested is it's also pc-compatible and one of the few good steering wheels that's sub-$100.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    you need to set the nfs shift first to realistic settings.
    thanks rion, I've just found that out and it totally changed the game style.

I'm gonna wait till GT5 comes out before buying a good racing wheel. Right now, tiis muna sa keyboard and controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    The official GT5 steering wheel/pedals for the PS3 is the Logitech Driving Force GT. It has a red dial for adjusting sensitivity on the fly.

What got me interested is it's also pc-compatible and one of the few good steering wheels that's sub-$100.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmx9QITCfyY"]YouTube- Yamauchi Drives Gran Turismo 5's Nurburgring Nordschleife[/ame]

GT5 creator using the official wheel.

got a question, which PC race sims have full clutch simulation? The only game I can find is TOCA (real clutch grab point) which utilizes G25's clutch pedal. All other games doesn't support clutch which means utilizing the clutch pedal on the G25 is hardware only and with no real clutch grab point. It just acts like an on/off button when switcing gears.
    Last edited by Negus; December 20th, 2009 at 10:59 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yes GT5 talaga!! Next year daw

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    GT5 creator using the official wheel.

got a question, which PC race sims have full clutch simulation? The only game I can find is TOCA (real clutch grab point) which utilizes G25's clutch pedal. All other games doesn't support clutch which means utilizing the clutch pedal on the G25 is hardware only and with no real clutch grab point.
    He He. Pretty sharp eyes. I kept thinking I saw that wheel somewhere before too. In fact, I was asking on an earlier thread what wheel he was using.

I remember long ago when simulations were still widespread, there was support for clutch pedals and stick shifts with some car games. The gear box was actually notched for each gear. I haven't seen one in ages though. But as real cars became 5 and 6-speeds, they became obsolete. The shift methods in place now may seem more arcadish but are also compatible with more games.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Racing Simulators