New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have a cliptec usb 3.0 hub which has a power port but cliptec did not provide a power cord. On the other hand, i have a power cord or AC adapter with the following specs: input: 100v - 240v; 50/60Hz 0.45A Max; output: 5V = 2A. I do not know much about electric or power requirements for this 3.0 usb hub. Would I not destroy my usb hub or cause electrical problems using the power cord I just described?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The voltage and amperage are correct. You just make sure that you plug it into the hub with matching polarity; + to + and - to -.

Anyway, as per Cliptec's documentation, external auxiliary power is optional and it will only require it if your high current USB devices won't power up when connected to the hub. Some USB hard disks for example, won't spin up if there's not enough power from the hub. The addition of auxiliary power solves that. So if all your USB devices work right off the bat, you don't need to worry about it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I have a cliptec usb 3.0 hub which has a power port but cliptec did not provide a power cord. On the other hand, i have a power cord or AC adapter with the following specs: input: 100v - 240v; 50/60Hz 0.45A Max; output: 5V = 2A. I do not know much about electric or power requirements for this 3.0 usb hub. Would I not destroy my usb hub or cause electrical problems using the power cord I just described?
    I think your adapter is ok. 5V as standard voltage to all USB device... On the Amp i think 2Amp is good... some gadget dont charge on 1Amp so 2amp is a good option.