New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Thanks mga bossing for your very informative replies. One question lang po. If I buy a router, can I ask the technicians in the store to configure it since parang sa mga replies configuring it is necessary. Should I bring my CPU (ATX) for the configuration process or not?

By the way, another question, my room where I intend to use my netbook is located quite far (15 meters away) from my sala where my main PC is placed, will the wireless connection still possible. I don't intend to have wires on my house, other than those already existing. Will I have to open always the door of my room so that my internet connection will run?

BTW, I have an existing telephone connection in my room aside from the sale. Is there a way to use it for my internet connection? I sometimes transfer the black box (PLDT-Modem) there so that I can use my netbook for internet through wired connection.
    You need an 802.11g (Wifi-G) router at the least. No need to open your door.

Better if you can buy an 802.11n router, it has a wider range even if you only use g-compatible devices.

802.11g has a top speed of 54Mbps, 802.11n has a top speed of 600Mbps.

You're a lawyer, aren't you? Configuring a wireless router should be easy for you.

No need to bring your desktop PC even if you ask the store personnel to configure your router for you. But you should bring your netbook along, so you can test if they'll indeed connect with each other. Just take down notes so you can do the same procedure on your other PC's at home.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post

802.11g has a top speed of 54Mbps, 802.11n has a top speed of 600Mbps.
    The G version should be fine, if the area is just small. The 54 and 600 Mbps is a connection from your end to the wireless router only, thus cant be maximized if only have a 256K pipe to the internet. N by the way is the newest IEEE standard in the wifi category.

• Pros of 802.11g - fast maximum speed; signal range is good and not easily obstructed
    • Cons of 802.11g - costs more than 802.11b; appliances may interfere on the unregulated signal frequency

• Pros of 802.11n - fastest maximum speed and best signal range; more resistant to signal interference from outside sources
    • Cons of 802.11n - standard is not yet finalized; costs more than 802.11g; the use of multiple signals may greatly interfere with nearby 802.11b/g based networks.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    From what I've read over at TipidPC, it's useless to get a Wireless-N router if you have a Wireless-G device. The router will revert to Wireless-G specs.

I should know. Just bought a Buffalo Wireless-N router last Sunday. Eh yung laptop pala ng brother ko, G spec lang. Sayang pera, kasi doble ang mura ng G kesa N. (puwede naman bumili ng Wireless-N card, kaya lang dagdag gastos).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    From what I've read over at TipidPC, it's useless to get a Wireless-N router if you have a Wireless-G device. The router will revert to Wireless-G specs.

I should know. Just bought a Buffalo Wireless-N router last Sunday. Eh yung laptop pala ng brother ko, G spec lang. Sayang pera, kasi doble ang mura ng G kesa N. (puwede naman bumili ng Wireless-N card, kaya lang dagdag gastos).
    It's not entirely useless, kasi wider ang range ng mga N routers (even at G speeds only) kumpara sa G routers, so you will still benefit from it. Not to mention that you've got a future-proof router (when the time comes and you acquire N-speed devices).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Si Lola Techie.... Kayang-kayang sagutin ang lahat nang iyan!!!

8202:sampay:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Questions on PLDT- DSL