New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    BTW treo 680 is about 29800 so it should fit your budget. I tried using it and it feels great. But no wifi, so i sticked with my TX.

Take note the wifi feature is nice to have. I usually use my TX to browse the internet and to do some IM and emailing, since our office have wifi. But on the outside the feature become frustrating, can't find a hotspot and if I did i prefer using my vaio to do the work. So IMHO wifi is not a must have in the handheld, unless the place you are working with has wifi.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
    try www.mapalad.org to know more about Palm PDAs.
    Now as to your inquiry about qwerty keyboard on PDA it depends, so far treo and HP iPaqs is doing it right in terms of form factor. Most people claim that they can type faster, however the downside is you use 2 thumbs. Nokia communicator type of layout is kinda bulky and it may be bigger than the iPaq or treo but the layout made it diffucult to input fast.

*docgorio, most people claim that treo is better than iPaq because of the ease of use and more stable, and i agree with you. however there are times na naghahung ang Palm, i'm not sure with windows mobile so no comment there. But a lot of people prefer palm talaga because of its easier to use and great after sales support din.
    I find it weird but my Treo 650 hasn't hung up on me.... yet.

Been a Palm user since 1999 and I've never turned back...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    qwerty, wifi, 3g,stable, relatively cheap.... egad, its the e61!
    hehe.i've had this fone for a while, after years of different xdas... simple, easy to use, does the job. too bad i'm switching back to a p990, got a case of 'touch-screenitis' .... if you can live w/out the camera and touchscreen, i highly recommend it

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    e61 is not a full qwerty key. Find out if you need those features, e61 is good enough i guess, I didn't really liked the form factor. But its wifi feature is very tempting. 3G I never used it so its non essential. Its not a complete all in one phone but for its price, I guess its ok.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    qwerty, wifi, 3g,stable, relatively cheap.... egad, its the e61!
    hehe.i've had this fone for a while, after years of different xdas... simple, easy to use, does the job. too bad i'm switching back to a p990, got a case of 'touch-screenitis' .... if you can live w/out the camera and touchscreen, i highly recommend it
    the relative rarity of great pda programs for the symbian os is still a big disadvantage. but i definitely agree that the e61 is a great pda phone.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    wala kasing built-in wifi ung treo...sayang, the keypad looks nice B)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    do most wifi hotspots use any kind of encryption(WEP/WPA/WPA2), or usually unencrypted siya?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Most wifi usually are encrypted. but some establishments offer them free. You should see some free wifi sign on those who offer it free.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
    Most wifi usually are encrypted. but some establishments offer them free. You should see some free wifi sign on those who offer it free.
    sir, usually WEP lang di ba? very rarely WPA/WPA2?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Currently, I'm using an old imate PDA2K. It has qwerty K/B, touchscreen LCD, Bluetooth, Wi-fi, infrared, GPRS, etc. Sulit for me. Di ko lang type yung built in camera. VGA kasi e. Pero okay lang. Pag nagkabudget, upgrade ako to Imate JasJam.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Q's for PDA users