New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi. im lost regarding PS3.

i like to buy sana pero ang daming versions. there's japan, US, korea, HK. What's the best?

then there's how big the hard drive. 40/ 80/ 160 GB. What's the use of hard drive for gaming? i remember in PS2 i only have a 8mb card slot just to save games. Again. What's the best?

i have an LCD and i like to maximize my HDTV capabilities. im not having fun just watching cable Tv on it kasi mdyo blurry and pixelated.

i know there's a forum about playstations. www.pinoyps.com

but sobrang techy na nilang lahat. i don't get what they're saying. and mdyo magulo un forums. wala sa ayos. i mean i tried reading a topic there on how much current ps3s are. and they're all talking about their ps3. not prices.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Just get the Japan because its the cheapest! The PS3 can play any region games anyway. Yun nga lang Japan is 110V and so is the US. Yung Asian version 220V pero mas mahal. I would just get the Japan (pinaka mura) tapos just buy a AVR and plug it into the 110V. You can buy HDMI cables sa CD-R king really cheap, tapos use that to plug your PS3 to your HDTV.

As for storage, maskin ano. Ako I have 40GB I am fine with it. Of course the more the better, meanse more space for installations and storage.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pre tidus tanong ko lang.

installation and storage of what?

can i store downloaded movies and play them here? anong format dpat?

mag kano japan ps3 40gb bnew ngayon?

i saw sa tipidpc. selling ps3 asian version. 12 thousand pesos. 20GB. with 1 bnew Dual Shock controller, Includes HDMI cable, AV cable, ethernet cable and adaptor.
    ok kaya ito? 2nd hand of course.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    you may want to check out this link:
    http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-...cGFnZT0x&p_li=

I have the CECHK01 model and though starting with this model there are only 2 usb ports and NO memory card slot (i.e. i think this is because this model onward is not backward compatible so there's no need for the memory card slot to load ps2/1 game settings); the cell engine is a newer version which is reportedly better, performance wise, and runs quieter and cooler (i.e. the latter 2 features are great when watching blu ray movies :2thumbsupthan earlier iterations other than consuming less power (i.e. if i'm not mistaken now only 135 watts down from 200 watts).

i also believe that latter versions have the new dualshock controllers, which were upgraded from the original six-axis controller.

the hard drive is not really important, whether you have only 40, 60, 80 or 160GB. this is because you can easily upgrade the drive with a 3rd party hard drive (e.g. 1 TB!!!:whoa.

i'm not sure if the model versions are the same globally but you may want to check out this site for ps3 bought in other regions:

http://www.playstation.com/country-selector/

you may want to explore the sites above as there are other information that could help in your research.

hope this helps.
    Last edited by slamtaz; April 26th, 2009 at 01:42 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Regions for Blu-ray standard[58]

Blue Ray Movie Region Coding

Yellow - East Asia (except Mainland China and Mongolia), Southeast Asia, the Americas and their dependencies.

Green - Africa, Southwest Asia, Europe (except Russia), Oceania and their dependencies.

Violet - Central Asia, East Asia (Mainland China and Mongolia only), South Asia, central Eurasia (including Russia) and their dependencies.
    Since the Japanese version is the cheapest ,plus it in the same region as the US and the Philippines, go for that version. AFAIK, only difference is the confirm button and the 110 volt supply. Any unit can play any games wherever you bought it. language can be changed too so no worries.

Yung hardrive naman If I were you I would get the lowest (40GB) upgradeable naman yan kahit saang computer shop meron.
    Last edited by Negus; April 26th, 2009 at 02:29 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actuallly ngayon pinag iisipan ko din un xbox 360. latest version isnt that prone to 3rl na ata. can be modded to play cheap games.
    downside to it. no blue ray player. wala narin ata HD port (im not so sure)
    in short. cheaper.

PS3. mas mahal. no mods. yes! blu ray player.

teka teka let me edit the thread title...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi pala pwede ma edit. MODs pa edit naman title. "PS3 or XBOX360 Q and A"

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    regarding xbox 360 naman...

whats the best version ? and how do i check for the version? the lastest version can be moddeD?

ok kaya mag pa bili sa abroad? may relatives kasi ako from canada. xbox360 arcade costs $199 only. times $38-40 canadian dollars lang. pretty cheap na.
    Last edited by dieselNUBI; April 26th, 2009 at 02:48 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Xbox 360 Jasper ata yung pinaka latest. mas mababa Nm, so lower power consumption. less prone to 3RL. but they also drop the power supply wattage.

I think they can be modified. may nagtitinda kasi ng Japer Modified at around 16,500

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah get the Jasper Xbox 360. As for playing pirated games I can't recommend it. Playing online is the heart and soul of this new consoles. And pag nagmodify ka there is a high risk of your console getting banned from Xbox Live.

For Xbox 360 the best version is the Asian version (Singapore/HK/Taiwan) kasi Asian games are cheaper than US games. Its also 220V na so no more AVR needed.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
PS3 Questions