New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yup, yung CMOS battery ko, since 2001 buhay pa hanggang ngayon...maski dito sa office, 4 years na, ok pa

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Teka... does it make any difference on the CMOS battery life if I only switch on my home pc once or twice a week?

I'm thinking.. if the pc is on then the CMOS battery is not used... if off then palaging na-de-drain yung CMOS battery....

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    nope hindi drained ang batteries kahit seldom naka-on as long as ATX ang powers supply mo at nakasaksak yung power cord sa outlet...

ATX power supply (or simply those with soft off switch) and motherboard are usually "on" kaya nga may mga boards na may ilaw na red o green indicating that there is current coming into the PC... which means the board has power though negligible mga 1 watt kaya hindi ma-drain yung battery...

Posible din naman ma-drain yung battery earlier than the expected 6-7 years kung naka off tapos sobrang lamig or sobrang init ng environment... kumbaga beyond the operating limits of the battery... check the packaging na lang kung ano yun... d ko alam e...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
problem with my PC, pls help