New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok here I go again...herherher

so i connected the new linksys wireless router to the NEW motorola cable internet.

internet is ok...very fast..no problems.

but after a few hours of idle, it will disconnect itself. and when i try to reconnect, it wont let me!

what i have to do it to reboot the modem and the router...and i have to do this everyday whenever i open my laptop. it's kinda annoying already.

i dont think it's a problem with the provider because when i am connected, the speed and stability is ok...very few dropped signals.

but when I go idle for a couple of hours (or even minutes), or when i have to shut down my computer for the night, it won't connect the next day unless the modem and router are rebooted.

my laptop CAN ALWAYS DETECT MY ROUTER and connect. but not in the internet.

HELLLFF!!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post
    ok here I go again...herherher

so i connected the new linksys wireless router to the NEW motorola cable internet.

internet is ok...very fast..no problems.

but after a few hours of idle, it will disconnect itself. and when i try to reconnect, it wont let me!

what i have to do it to reboot the modem and the router...and i have to do this everyday whenever i open my laptop. it's kinda annoying already.

i dont think it's a problem with the provider because when i am connected, the speed and stability is ok...very few dropped signals.

but when I go idle for a couple of hours (or even minutes), or when i have to shut down my computer for the night, it won't connect the next day unless the modem and router are rebooted.

my laptop CAN ALWAYS DETECT MY ROUTER and connect. but not in the internet.

HELLLFF!!
    dont know if this would work for you....had similar problem before but i am using a d link wireless router...try logging in the router (see your manual) and configuring it. Updating the firmware also made the difference. good luck.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeye View Post
    dont know if this would work for you....had similar problem before but i am using a d link wireless router...try logging in the router (see your manual) and configuring it. Updating the firmware also made the difference. good luck.
    will try that one out!

thanks bud!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo merun ganyan nga na command sa linksys... autoconnect or something.

it simulates the rebooting or reconnection process whenever nawala ang signal or connection.

merun din something regarding the idling issue...pede mo siyang gawin na huwag mag-disconnect kahit idle ng matagal.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If the problem persis there must be something wrong with the linksys router. Same thing happened to me, and I had my router check and there is something wrong with it. since its within warranty, they replaced it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm, could it be the motorola cable internet? matagal na ba sayo to? kung nade detect ng laptop ung router but cannot browse the internet, then baka sa settings lang ng router, try to tinker with the configurations by logging in as admin sa router, make sure you use the same protocols for the 2 computers. I remember merong setting ang Linksys router na disconnect if Idle options, lagay mo lang puro '9' para maximum time.

pag ayaw pa din, maybe you can also check the modem for overheating problems, i had bad experiences with motorola dsl modems, mabilis uminit, pag uminit, bumabagal or nawawala ang connection. HTH
    Last edited by mhelskie; May 30th, 2007 at 01:52 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the modem and the routers are brand new...

actually..walang problema sa connection..im averaging 2-3mbps download and can sometimes go to my max of 5mbps.

problem lang is kapag pinatay ko na computer or na idle ng ilang oras..nawawala yung connection tapos i have to manually reboot both the modem and router =(

problem with internet: keeps on needing to reboot modem