New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mbk347 View Post
    Any recommended printers that are compatible with CISS or affordable na ink?

1. Epson
    2. HP
    3. Canon

hindi ko alam kung ano mas ok....

meron ako nakita yong epson na CISS na right out of the box.... hindi ko lang sure ang quality

HP - ink advantage na printer mukhang ok, ang pangit sa kanya ang colored niya ay tri-color, so pag ubos na Yellow sira na print....

Thanks in advance

Canon printers with CISS are good. Meron kami 4 Canon ip2772 printers in our office, and one for home use, all of which are converted into CIS and so far no problems. AFAIK ang hirap daw iconvert to CISS ang mga HP printers.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I'm planning to buy a new inkjet printer. However, masyadong mahal ang ink, some costs almost 1,000 pesos for black ink alone and only for around 250 prints....it appears that the costs of the printer is cheap but its use is expensive....Now, I saw some stalls in the mall selling CIS and it appears that while I may invest in the conversion kit, but in the end, I will reap its benefits with the cost of the ink....

my questions are:

1. How is the quality of the prints?
    2. What printer brand and model will be cost effective?
    3. How much per page will the cost turn out?

By the way, I will not use it for business but only for home use, projects of my kids, or maybe printing for my work done at home (but only when really necessary as I have a laser printer in the office()...
    You can save a bit of money by buying the EPSON L110 printer with built-in CIS system. It comes with a bottle of each color and retails under P6,000. Price sounds a lot but considering the alternative is buying a printer and having a 3rd party install their CIS which invalidates the warranty, the price is fine.

And if your EPSON L110 develops a problem during warranty period, you can still claim the warranty for repair. I have one at my office which developed a problem during warranty period and I had it repaired for free.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Meron ako nito sa canon printer ko. Almost 3 years na maganda pa rin print. Yun nga lang medyo messy pag nagrerefill ka, minsan nabubuhos. Sobrang tipid kasi yung 75 petot na bote can print up to 3k pages or more. (6 rims ng coupon bond). Sulit na sulit ko to specially nung thesis days.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbk347 View Post
    Any recommended printers that are compatible with CISS or affordable na ink?

1. Epson
    2. HP
    3. Canon

hindi ko alam kung ano mas ok....

meron ako nakita yong epson na CISS na right out of the box.... hindi ko lang sure ang quality

HP - ink advantage na printer mukhang ok, ang pangit sa kanya ang colored niya ay tri-color, so pag ubos na Yellow sira na print....

Thanks in advance
    How often do you print and in what quantities? For home use, I'd suggest to just stick with an HP K110a Ink Advantage. Nevermind that it uses a tri-color cartridge, Epson's single color cartridge actually costs more per print than the HP cartridge.

From my experience with CIS (Canon iP1880), it gave subpar prints, the colored cartridge broke 1 week after installation, I had more frequent print jams and ink blotches, and so on.

A lot of Epson L-series CIS printers are also complaining about the reliability of their units, especially with regard to their waste tank, since the printer has a sensor that only allows a limited number of refills.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    How often do you print and in what quantities? For home use, I'd suggest to just stick with an HP K110a Ink Advantage. Nevermind that it uses a tri-color cartridge, Epson's single color cartridge actually costs more per print than the HP cartridge.

From my experience with CIS (Canon iP1880), it gave subpar prints, the colored cartridge broke 1 week after installation, I had more frequent print jams and ink blotches, and so on.

A lot of Epson L-series CIS printers are also complaining about the reliability of their units, especially with regard to their waste tank, since the printer has a sensor that only allows a limited number of refills.
    not so much boss... i have a brother MFC-3360C that i just got repaired * compuserve, but busted again.... paper jam error...
    but no paper inside.... i do light printing.... projects for the kids and some reports.... some scanning of pictures....
    boss GH recommended a repair shop in mandaluyong... if its too expensive i might be tempted to buy a new one....
    seperate functions... parang mahirap ang multi-function.... now i cant even my fax & scanner.... hehe...

i might be tempted to look * HP printers again.... we used to have a HP-710, lasted for years.... the ink was a pain though....
    around 800 per catridge, i think.... hehe....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Printer and CIS (Continuous Ink System)